Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Datalogging/IAB wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datalogging/IAB wiring

I have an ECU with IABs enabled for my intake manifold, and all I can find on how to use the black box is to just put in the ECU, without any mention of how to actually install wire the black box. I know that one or both of the wires for the sensor has to somehow go to the ECU, but I have no idea where or how.

Also, I have a zeitronix datalogging box that I was planning on installing. I'm just wondering which wires to splice into? If someone even just had a diagram of what all the different wires going to the ECU are for, that'd be exactly what I need!

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
    I have an ECU with IABs enabled for my intake manifold, and all I can find on how to use the black box is to just put in the ECU, without any mention of how to actually install wire the black box. I know that one or both of the wires for the sensor has to somehow go to the ECU, but I have no idea where or how.

Also, I have a zeitronix datalogging box that I was planning on installing. I'm just wondering which wires to splice into? If someone even just had a diagram of what all the different wires going to the ECU are for, that'd be exactly what I need!
    What black box? I wasn't aware the CB has a single sensor called the black box.

Also I assume the Zeitronics you are referring to is A/F datalogging, Not full datalogging? - ZT-2?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yah it's the ZT-2.

The black box is the most common name I've heard for it, but I think it's also called the Intake Air Bypass solenoid. it's the black box that's on the bottom of an H23 or F22A6 intake manifold. It's got a plug with two wires that go into it, and they tell it when to open the IABs and when to close them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        yah it's the ZT-2.

The black box is the most common name I've heard for it, but I think it's also called the Intake Air Bypass solenoid. it's the black box that's on the bottom of an H23 or F22A6 intake manifold. It's got a plug with two wires that go into it, and they tell it when to open the IABs and when to close them.
        I don't know what the box is for, but the opening/closing is controlled by the ecu.
        I'm sure someone else will know the ECU pins for IAB's.

I know how to connect a narrowband to the stock ECU but I'm not sure if a wideband will work.
        I'll have a look and get back to you.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

The opening/closing is controlled by the ECU which has an electrical output which goes to the box which causes it to open or close at certain RPMs. I just don't know which pin I have to use, and whether I have to solder a wire into the harness, or if there's a wire I splice into.

The instructions for the zt-2 can be read here
          http://www.zeitronix.com/installatio...structions.pdf
          I'm sure the simulated narrowband o2 output replaces the factory o2 sensor, not sure what I can use for an ignition based power source, ground is easy enough. Dunno what the other stuff connects to though.

Comment

Working...
          X