Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone chipped a P12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone chipped a P12?

I came across a chip oline for a p12 ecu. it was $50 and says it remaps the fuel/air, raises the redline to 8000rpm's (i could care less) and removes the speed limiter. Is anyone running this or has done it before? Thanks! Looks pretty lagit and comes with a 1 year warranty and install instructions.

link to the site? and whats the main reason why u want to chip it for?
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

putting the ECU in the accord already changes the fuel map. thus the 10hp increase. its probably a $5 resistor from radio shack while they charge you $30+ for it. dont do it.

Comment

I've seen an actual chip for the p12. You have to desolder your chip, solder in an adapter plate (new chip has two more prongs) and then pop the new chip in the plate. I don't know if it would be a good idea or not. I don't think it would be good to rev to 8000 regardless, I think you'd have problems getting enough air in it to feed it.

Comment

I want it to remove my speed limiter and if it adds more hp thats always a plus. Heres the site, check it out and leme know. Im workin on gettin the p12 as we speak, im sure i'll be happy enough with the p12 and the extra hp, but i'd love to lose my speed limter (fuel cutoff). Mine is at 125mph, ive only done it a few times but i'd be nice 2 go a little faster. (i do it in the sticks, wheat fields surrounding a paved, lone highway and no one around.) I also read the p12 tops out at 112mph, so im already gonna go slower. . And i will NOT be reving to 8k. i barely redline as it is...

http://www.qcwo.com/otherdeal/index....products_id=13
          Last edited by eazyduzit509; 07-17-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

any1?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=calling+f22

this thread will explain why it's worth it and why it isn't. If you're going to go for a chipped ecu get one you can actually change at will. The p12 isn't a common ecu and if you plan on doing any more mods besides the ecu in the future then you should get a civic/teg ecu. Talk to me if you're interested and I'll set you straight
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
              X