Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

pt6 vs p12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pt6 vs p12

i switched my pt6 for a p12 i heard that the p12 was a better ecu but i dont really feel a noticeable diffrence which ecu is actually better for a n/a power what is the pros and cons of switching from a pt6 to a p12

You're actually putting your F22a6 to a disadvantage by running the P12. The PT6 activates the F22a6's intake manifold runners.

The P12 runs the F22a1 in the 92-96 Prelude S; and because the a6 has a different intake manifold than the a1 and a4, you're not taking advantage of the extra airflow provided by your a6 IM.

So, the P12 is a nice upgrade for the F22a1/a4, but the PT6 was designed for the F22a6.

My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I have a f22a1 and put the pt6 to replace the pt3 but didnt get around to getting the a6 intake cause i heard the h23 with the throttle body was better so im assuming withOut having the a6 intake the pt6 isnt as affective as the p12 With the stock a1 set up

Comment

Originally posted by ChEvYbOi2HoNA View Post
        I have a f22a1 and put the pt6 to replace the pt3 but didnt get around to getting the a6 intake cause i heard the h23 with the throttle body was better so im assuming withOut having the a6 intake the pt6 isnt as affective as the p12 With the stock a1 set up
        The A6 runners with double stacked spacers, one with the butterflies and the other without, h23 plenum and throttle body. The pt6 will activate the butterfly valves inside the spacer that way at higher rpms it will open them and have all 8 ports open. The pt6 by itself on an a1 or a4 will still get rid of the speed limiter on it though.

Comment

So i dont need the whole h23 intake just the upper plentum and throttle body with a6 runners...and whaf about tje p12 should i keep it till i get the intake or jus put the pt6 back in
          Last edited by ChEvYbOi2HoNA; 07-08-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

So i dont need the whole h23 intake just the upper plentum and throttle body with a6 runners
            From everything i've read so far that's what everyone has said flows the best. Use the A6 runners, H23 plenum and throttle body, get two of the spacers that go between the runners and plenum and gut one, make sure you seal the holes in the gutted one with some jb weld or you'll get a loud whistle possibly, put it all together and go drink some beer lol. I'll see if I can find the link for this and edit this post if I can.

Edit: Here you go sir. This should explain everything you need to know. I don't believe this one says to use the gutted spacer but should give you an idea of what I was saying. Happy reading. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
            Last edited by Brandoncb7; 07-08-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Gottcha one more question and then i. goin to take up that offer where am i getting the spacers off is on jus the a6 with the butterflys and the other off a a1 or what?

Comment

Gottcha one more question and then i. goin to take up that offer where am i getting the spacers off is on jus the a6 with the butterflys and the other off a a1 or what?
                The A6 was the only one to have the spacers. You'll just have to go get two of them off of separate engines.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X