Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Crome or Hondata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crome or Hondata?

Which is better to use for chipping Crome or Hondata?

I am curious as to which has better features, more options, more user friendly (in order of importance)

but I'm going to guess you'll get a lot of "whatever your tuner uses" replies.

Folks like me would do street tune first before dynoing so this is something i would like to know from others exp. as well.
    ____

Comment

I have tuned both Crome and Hondata. Hondata is the better by far. People like Crome because it's free...but the price is reflected in their software...

Hondata is very user friendly...hell, a 5yr old could tune a car with Hondata. Plus they are constantly updating and adding features.
      Crome is buggy, and it's likely that you will not get the full power potential from your car, as well as having cold start issues.

Spend the money, do it once, do it right. That's my $0.02

-Kyle
      Last edited by F22Turbo702; 04-02-2009, 10:57 AM.
      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

I've never had ANY cold starting issues with Crome on any of the cars I've ever touched. If you can't get it to idle properly, then thats user error not software.

I'm willing to bet all my tuning equipment that I could get the same power out of the same motor with Hondata and Crome Pro.

Yes, Crome has its bugs but they are very minor considering it's price($150). It does the job just well enough. Asides from it's use, you're not supporting a company that wants to monopolize the game(hondata).

If you're not pushing anywhere past 500whp, I wouldn't ever consider anything but Crome, honestly. Unless you'd like PWM outputs and small things that REALLY make tuning much more easier/fun.

But if you're a customer just wanting to get your car tuned, it really shouldn't matter what you buy as you'll never have to deal with the software itself. It really depends if you want to waste extra money that you really don't need to waste.

On a 400whp setup, I doubt you'll see more than a 5whp difference on the same setup with different tuning software.

If you're really looking into Hondata though, I'd recommend you look into eCtune.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post

yup
          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
          newer race video,older race videos
          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            I

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            yup
            Often times this is the answer because unless you're tuning yourself, why would you want your tuner tune something he doesn't prefer? I mean, I love experimenting and learning new things, but if you want the best job, why not let them tune on what they feel most comfortable with? A lot of times, people don't have the choice so it's not like it really matters.

Although tuning is tuning, all programs operate different but have the same end results.

Comment

From my limited experience observing tuning, it looks as if Crome and Hondata (S300) have pretty much the same features.

Hondata on the other hand is much more user friendly, it has native datalogging support and runs on a very easy USB interface.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Definitely, which is why the s300 unit costs 500+. You can now get an ostrich/datalogger/chip in 1 unit for 250, from moates.net. 250+150 for crome= still cheaper than Hondata and you have just about the same shit without the price tag.

Comment

I would be doing most of my tuning myself, dyno run would be only to fine tune those.

Not sure about the op though.

d112crzy, how does ectune compare? And the ostrich datalogger works good? I've never tuned before so the more user friendly appeals to me a lot. With more exp. I'm sure I could do whatever with...well whatever...but the folks with less exp. tuning need all the help we can thoughts?
                  ____

Comment

Ostrich is a real time emulator, not a datalogger. Works wonderful.

eCtune is much better than Crome or Hondata. Cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
                      I have tuned both Crome and Hondata. Hondata is the better by far. People like Crome because it's free...but the price is reflected in their software...

Hondata is very user friendly...hell, a 5yr old could tune a car with Hondata. Plus they are constantly updating and adding features.
                      Crome is buggy, and it's likely that you will not get the full power potential from your car, as well as having cold start issues.

Spend the money, do it once, do it right. That's my $0.02

-Kyle
                      i tuned my car with crome basic. car runs flawless, daily drives like stock. the program works fine at my power levels, and i beat the crap out of my car on a daily basis
                      i pretty much always use crome when i tune a customer car, if they have doubts, a ride in my car fixes that problem.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

from MRX himself, "Crome till 800hp"

i went to his place this week
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

theres no reason why not. Crome is a great program. Crome Gold is really sik!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

The only reason I wouldn't use crome over 500 is because of its timing issues. Besides that Crome owns all.

It's "bugs" are not something major and with enough experience, theres ways to get around them and actually tune without any glitches. It's pretty rare now when I run into a glitch.

Comment

Working...
                            X