Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Tuning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning...

Now that I have my H, after its rebult Id like to run a chipped p28.

I have the basics down, Im not too good with a soldering iron yet so I will probably be having someone chip it for me.

I will probably but the honda tuning kit off of moates.net
    http://www.moates.net/product_info.p...roducts_id=170

So after having the ecu chipped and hooking up the emulator and dataloging cable. Along with having it all ready on the comp. I will also probably have a wideband o2.

I upload a base map correct? And tune off of the basemap?

There are no local tuneres here so I have to d it all by my self. And there is only one dyno in town.

I know how to do everything but how to tune, i am unsure of how the fuel maps are changed and how one knows what to change them too? I have read many threads on how to get started but not on the acctual tuning process...Can someone direct me?

Go to pgmfi.org. use the search button and start reading. There is also some good info on this site, all you have to do is look for it. You will need a wideband, this is not an option. read everything you can, once you have all your stuff just start messing around with basemaps and data logging, start off with simple things, like getting your data logging working. you will start to figure it out bit by bit.
    spin city

Comment

So just trail and error and seeing how things work? Sounds good thanks..

Comment

the best way to learn is to read A LOT, then go out with a stock low compression ratio motor (f22....) and play around with it. Basically thats what I did. Don't mess with any of the setting until you feel like you understand how they affect your motor. If you are unsure about something, just ask.
        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
          the best way to learn is to read A LOT, then go out with a stock low compression ratio motor (f22....) and play around with it. Basically thats what I did. Don't mess with any of the setting until you feel like you understand how they affect your motor. If you are unsure about something, just ask.
          I already have an H22 to play with

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
            So just trail and error and seeing how things work? Sounds good thanks..
            That's really the only way to really learn and understand anything, IMO.

Anyways, there are write ups on xenocron.com's website on how to tune/use crome. I've posted it many times and there are mini write ups all over this forum.

It will take years for you to fully learn to tune. I'm still learning.

Just some words of encouragement, don't be discouraged by the tons of people that say h22 has OmG Hy compression. It doesn't. It's not that much more difficult to learn on an h22 than on an f22. The only difference is learning to tune vtec.

Just start out rich(not too rich), and work your way to your desired afr. Leave timing alone until you have your afrs locked in and you have placed with the ect/iat tables.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The thing is, I dont know what air fual ratio to look for, or how to read the tables or what anything means.

I think I might just have to take a road trip and find a tuner...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010 View Post
                The thing is, I dont know what air fual ratio to look for, or how to read the tables or what anything means.

I think I might just have to take a road trip and find a tuner...
                You'll learn with time. You can't expect, or DON'T expect to learn or comprehend everything by reading it one time. It won't work that way.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Check out megasquirt's website. I found some good stuff on there the other day.
                  spin city

Comment

Working...
                  X