Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

the "dbsharp is gonna learn how to tune" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok that makes me feel a lot better. for anyone who may be wondering, u need to use cui's dl 1.8 plug in in crome to log with freelog. you can use the new dl code, but you have to make some changes that I didn't feel like trying to get into today.
    I just did a wot run with d112's f22b map and I heard a little pinging at 4k in 2nd gear. im going to the track today, Ill do some more testing and tuning there. on to more tuning. l8ter
    spin city

Comment

What spark plugs are you running? If you aren't already, I suggest some 1 step colder plugs(NGK BKR6E-11).

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

but if he's not turbo it'd be counterproductive. Hotter plugs would be better for him if he's still n/a
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Have you tuned any F22B's and checked the spark plugs?

I've found that they do best with 1 step colder plugs, specifically the ones I mentioned.

Stock plugs usually run too hot in even stock engines. This is due to the age/health of the engine. 1 step colder plugs at the factory gap are nice upgrades even for a stock engine.

Comment

hmm, i'll test it out. I need to experiment more anyways

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              Have you tuned any F22B's and checked the spark plugs?

I've found that they do best with 1 step colder plugs, specifically the ones I mentioned.

Stock plugs usually run too hot in even stock engines. This is due to the age/health of the engine. 1 step colder plugs at the factory gap are nice upgrades even for a stock engine.
              would you mind posting up a link to this...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It's personal tuning experience. I hardly spout out any information from links anymore.

Also, I didn't mean stock plugs run hot ALL the time. They run fine when the engine is super healthy/has low miles. Mine are perfect right now, since I just rebuilt it.

But as sensors start failing, they give incorrect feedback to the ecu, which in turns either richens or leans out the engine too much. Depending on which engine/ecu you have, the ecu could also be pulling too much timing. The egr/pvc also have a roll on how your engine runs.

You can either fix all those sensors, or adapt by using colder plugs.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 03-06-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

good night for me, sort of. Im getting better at using crome, and now im starting to make a little progress. I didn't focus on tuning that much while at the track. I ran on the d112crzy's f22b map for a while, a few months ago, and never heard this sound. this is the first time Ive ever heard it, and at first I didn't know what it was. using the map mrx gave me (with iab open all the time) I ran a 10 at 72 mph. sometimes my afr's seem really unstable. I have a log where I was idling and started at low 13's high 12's and nothing changed but my afr's went up to high 14's for no apparent reason, and this happened very quickly. I wonder if My fuel pressure is messing up. according to my logging the injector duration is pretty consistent. also, my spark plugs look like they are the correct heat range to me. Ill get the part number tomorrow.
                  Last edited by dbsharp; 03-07-2008, 01:55 AM.
                  spin city

Comment

so do you have a LC-1 or what are you using to monitor A/F? I ask because I will be installing my LC-1 tomorrow with my new engine and hopefully doing a few test runs. but cant we log with the software Innovative sends with the LC-1 wideband kit? I am already running a chipped p28 with a base map for an H22 and have several maps I have been working on recently. Please keep me updated on your progress.

Comment

yes I have a lc1. you can log through the serial adapter that innovative send ya, but using a hulog or nokia cable logging through the cn2 connector on the ecu gives you so much more. i use free log.
                      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                        good night for me, sort of. Im getting better at using crome, and now im starting to make a little progress. I didn't focus on tuning that much while at the track. I ran on the d112crzy's f22b map for a while, a few months ago, and never heard this sound. this is the first time Ive ever heard it, and at first I didn't know what it was. using the map mrx gave me (with iab open all the time) I ran a 10 at 72 mph. sometimes my afr's seem really unstable. I have a log where I was idling and started at low 13's high 12's and nothing changed but my afr's went up to high 14's for no apparent reason, and this happened very quickly. I wonder if My fuel pressure is messing up. according to my logging the injector duration is pretty consistent. also, my spark plugs look like they are the correct heat range to me. Ill get the part number tomorrow.
                        are you forgetting the radiator fans coming on and off, possibly?

Comment

this is exactly what it was. turning on my headlights and fans makes the afr shoot way up. I think that this needs to be stable before I can tune anything else.
                          spin city

Comment

nope, that just has to do with the load on the engine. In this case, it's the electrical load. As those electrical devices are turned on they draw power from the battery...nothing you can do about that really but let the 02 sensor compensate for it.

although you may want to look around in the program and see if there is a battery voltage to fuel compensation. At work and i don't remember at the moment.

Comment

You can adjust for the battery voltage differences in Crome. Search through the advanced features, you'll find it.

Comment

yes with injector battery offsets, I believe. when data logging, there is one channel of data that looks voltage to me when not running it drops down right like it would if you were to measure it at the battery. when I turn on my fans/ lights it only drops down to 13.8-13.9, it normally stays at 13.9-14.0.. i need to get the multimeter out and see what I can figure out.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X