Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

This is ticking me off! Why is my motor reving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could u guys tell me how to go about doing this mod? The engine is not the factory motor that came with it..it's a f22a6 from a 93..so, yeah..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

their is a screw on your throttle body, just screw it in a little and try to get it to 750 rpms. if it keeps jumping after you screw it in a bunch then this isnt your problem. the screw blends in good but you will find it just stand in the pass side and look at your throttle body and you will see it. good luck

Comment

IT idles at 750-800 rpm right now, so this will not make it idle any worse? I wanna fix this jumping crap. I don't think it did it at all today either ,so it must just be in cold weather..

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137
        Black Doubt Crew member #2
        Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Link to fix? Possibly?

Maybe this might be it? Worked for me : )
          This fixed the up and down idle on my accord, 2-2500 k and sometimes faster drop and then slower drop, adjusted and brought mine down to 1k at idle.

http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/t...le_adjust.html

hope this is it, or it helps.

Cheers, Jesse
          Last edited by Ensjesse; 10-11-2003, 12:31 AM.

Comment

what is the stock idle setting? if you were to totally close the screw to the right, how many full turns to the left to go back to stock?

also what is the preffered idle setting for a short ram intake and everything else stock?

i cant seem to get the idle back to normal, i too am getting the revs & i noticed the radiator fan is constantly turning on.

Comment

If your radiator fan is constantly turnin on, watch your engine temp...if its stayin normal when it cuts on, then your coolant temp sensor is probably goin bad...that typically will trip a CEL though...the idle problem is pretty easy to fix...here's a link to a whole load of DIY's but towards the end of the page, there is a fix it for the IACV problem...

http://board.hondasociety.com/showthread.php?t=79014
              "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
              Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
              20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
              BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

sounds like the IACV, take it out, clean it and tighten it...The same thing happened to my 91 integra back then....99% sure its that.

92 Accord EX

2003 BMW 325i

Comment

VACUUM

Check all your vacuum lines from your intake mani. make sure they're all connected properly by comparing their connections to the diagram under your hood (if you still have your stock hood that is). Definitely sounds like a vacuum leak somewhere. Really easy to fix if that's the case just a pain to find it. Check vacuum line 8. You can usually plug that one at the intake manifold.

Comment

Re: Re: Link to fix? Possibly?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    nice link...didn't know that
                    I just did that from that link myself ... since messin with it .. (a week now) not a single *fluctuation* what-so-ever ..
                    Heh .. go figure ..but now that I've said that, yikes!

A Hui Hou !!
                    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                    X