Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

This is ticking me off! Why is my motor reving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is ticking me off! Why is my motor reving?

It seems most all the time, I get into my car, especially when it is a lil colder out, my car will start up fine, bbut rev to 2 grand on the tach. I get to driving, adn when I get to the end of my street and stop at the sign, my car will play a game. It revs to 2000, drops to 1500, revs up to 2000, drops to 1500, revs to 2000..and so on..afte about 2-4 minutes or so of driving, or when i drive, and not sit there for a while, this problem goes away. What the heck is it? It ticks me off, it ticks the cops off, since they think i am doing it n purpose, and I am annoyed! is it a fuel pickup problem or what? Also, when I lift my foot off of the clutch, I can tell it makes like a poping noise. I thought it was my processor amp sliding around in the trunk, and hitting stuff( yes, i sitll need to secure it) but that is not the case. What might this be? Should I worry? I am not the average person. I wll pick up on anything that seems outta wack. It is almost like I am trying to find sumthing wrong with my car! lol. Also, where the hel lcan I find a new fuse? I blew the IG fuse, and I replaced it wit my abs fuse..well, now, I got no abs! it is the red, 50a fus.e napa, checker, no one has one around here! Winter is a comming..i need it. So, PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

how long has this been going on? did it happen after you worked in/around the hood?
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

u mean the reving?
      i dunno..it has been there since I bough the car on aug. 22nd..
      it has a new motor, from a 93 accord ex, since the origional stock motor lost compression..It was changed out a some shop downtown..I was not the one who owned the car at this particular time, so yeah..I had no say in it. The motor has less than 4k on it too..arg.

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

the IACV? hmm..what does that stand for? I got no idea if there is a vaccuum leak. The car was checked over with the 100 point inspection, and the guy didn't find anything wrong along those lines..just need new cv boots, new part to the exhaust, that connects the header to the rest of it, and stuff like that ..could u explain to me how the IACV would cause this problem?

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137

Comment

is it shooting any codes from the diagnostics. I think it could be the o2 sensor tps sensor or worst off your ecu. Mine is my ecu

Comment

damn! this sounds serious. I do not know what the motor is..is there a way I can check? How might I go about finding out what the hell the prob is? These sound like I need special tools to get the job done, and I don't have that...

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137

Comment

damn..too much fricken cash man! arg..hmm..is it a problem i need ot fix immediatly?

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

OK. I ran out there, and brought a flashlight, since it is 8:40 out here right now..lol..

Looking at your pic, I figured out where that code was..thanks a lot! That rubber part above the coding..the 2 letters next to it said H1, and the motor looks to be a f22a6. I hear that these are actually really stout motors..correct? True, it is not h22a, but how about it?

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137

Comment

Man, I sure wish I knew a lot about this stuff. I am going to dunwoody next year, yet I think that I should be an expert a this. Oh, well..I did jsut get the car. I just can't wait till I move on up..I will keep this car, but I will trade in my saturn POS for..say a r34 gtr? lol..I will become a race car driver..not nascar, but rather CART, ALMS, an stuff like that..good people; good money..thanks for the help guys..now, about the rest of it..lol

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137

Comment

does ur check engline light turn on? i had that problem..it was my IAC but i actually flooded mine so i knew it...someone else had this problem kinda and it was their EGR but that is unlikley.

vacumn linees though...if ur throwing a code taht would really help....if ur IAC is bad then u should be throwing a code with the check engine light on.

tps? damn...its very hard to tell...vacumn lines...humm..ill sleep on it tonight...
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

humm thats weird....my unels was clogged with crud...it threw a code...

im stunned...vacumn line? i have not found one that can make it do that....

mine did it one time...but it never did it again...reset ecu and try for the best? lolz..
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i hate obvious problems that i cant find. my brakes OMG...idiot me.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Nope. The only Light I got on, is the ABS light, but that is from the blown fuse..arg. I need a new one bad.

-A. Swift
                          CB7 member number 137

Comment

something like this happened when i had my o.e. motor in and i found out all i had to do was bunp the idle down at the throttle body. it was set to high so the ecu would drop the rpms and would let it go and it would just rev back up. it drove me crazy till i found out what it was. bump it down a little and see what it does

Comment

that just reminded me..when i was playing with my car i made my idle too high...then i dropped it and it stopped jumping, i guess the IAC and the TPS couldnt handle it....iono its a good run..good gues.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X