Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Speed Chip Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the a6 ecu didn't have a govenor.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

the ecu in my 92 lx doesn't shut off !!! its a pt6. if you want once i put my chipped one in next week i will have an extra one !!!

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
        the ecu in my 92 lx doesn't shut off !!! its a pt6. if you want once i put my chipped one in next week i will have an extra one !!!
        PT6= EX ECU.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

get some

It is like night and day.

I am planning on getting a Hondata S100 this summer.
          DEVOTE

Comment

I had my speed limiter removed for free by a guy who wanted to scan my p39 to try understanding how it's working without a knock sensor, because the h23 ecu need one and not the F22B. lucky me

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
              PT6= EX ECU.
              so this ecu shouldn't have the governor chip on it

Comment

yea it doesnt have one

btw is that seattle silver ???if it is those tail lights look HOTT with it

Comment

You have several options,

#1 Get a version 2 Apexi/Rev Speed Meter You can wire this to bypass the speed govenor

#2 Get a HKS FCD module "fuel cut defencer"

#3 Chipped ECU

It would be wise to get a p06, p28, p72 etc. and get it tuned for YOUR own car rather than having someone elses map or e-bay like basemap (mugen,skunk2 etc) that came from a car with matched similar mods.
                  Alot of members can't stress this enough that NO two cars function exactly the same. For Example one type-r stock may have say 197hp 145lbs of torque while another stock type-r may have 198hp but 148lbs of torque off the assembly line. NOTE: example

That said if you are running a someone elses fuel map, you can either be running too lean or too rich where it's not necessary and actually hinder your performance rather than gain.

# Standalone Units AEM / Expanded OEM ecu's Hondata, AEM, Apexi, Uberdata, Neptune and alike

Some may be way up there in price like AEM or Apexi's unit, but Hondata and freeware programs that can optimize a regular ecu can do exactly the same if not better than the expensive AEM or Apexi Units. I plan on running neptune next year after I gain a couple of things needed before I dump hella money into tuning.
                  Last edited by Kurobei; 12-09-2007, 11:39 AM.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                    You have several options,

#1 Get a version 2 Apexi/Rev Speed Meter You can wire this to bypass the speed govenor

#2 Get a HKS FCD module "fuel cut defencer"

#3 Chipped ECU

It would be wise to get a p06, p28, p72 etc. and get it tuned for YOUR own car rather than having someone elses map or e-bay like basemap (mugen,skunk2 etc) that came from a car with matched similar mods.
                    Alot of members can't stress this enough that NO two cars function exactly the same. For Example one type-r stock may have say 197hp 145lbs of torque while another stock type-r may have 198hp but 148lbs of torque off the assembly line. NOTE: example

That said if you are running a someone elses fuel map, you can either be running too lean or too rich where it's not necessary and actually hinder your performance rather than gain.

# Standalone Units AEM / Expanded OEM ecu's Hondata, AEM, Apexi, Uberdata, Neptune and alike

Some may be way up there in price like AEM or Apexi's unit, but Hondata and freeware programs that can optimize a regular ecu can do exactly the same if not better than the expensive AEM or Apexi Units. I plan on running neptune next year after I gain a couple of things needed before I dump hella money into tuning.
                    So with all this said, a swapped out pt3 for a pt6 will most likely mess up your performance than help it?
                    My Black "H"
                    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
                      If you read the thread , it says on the freeway
                      Freeway is a street, douche.

Stop being a ricer and slow the fuck down.

Your car is not fast, even at 115 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                        Freeway is a street, douche.

Stop being a ricer and slow the fuck down.

Your car is not fast, even at 115 mph.
                        haha so true. Go race at a track I bet you wont even trap close to 115 when runnin lol. The only way to get rid of the governor is pt6, chipped ecu, and the other devices as mentioned. PT6 is the easiest.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                          haha so true. Go race at a track I bet you wont even trap close to 115 when runnin lol. The only way to get rid of the governor is pt6, chipped ecu, and the other devices as mentioned. PT6 is the easiest.
                          x2 on the pt6. As far as i know you can go as fast as you want with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                            So with all this said, a swapped out pt3 for a pt6 will most likely mess up your performance than help it?
                            Well a f22a6 is different than a F22a1 and F22a4 because of the different cam and intake manifold so if you were to swap a6 parts onto your engine then you may benefit better... although you may sacrifice a little, you'll have no govenor and the topend speed you want to outrun the fellow honda you race.

I know of some people on this board who did a6 manifold swaps and swapped the ex ecu without changing to the a6 cam and haven't heard anything but good gains from their butt dyno. If you haven't already and plan on keeping the F-motor, try swapping to a F22a6 or H23 intake manifold and then do the pt6. It will control the dual runners which actually your a1 or a4 might like since they open up on high rpms and sound more deep and aggressive.
                            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                              Well a f22a6 is different than a F22a1 and F22a4 because of the different cam and intake manifold so if you were to swap a6 parts onto your engine then you may benefit better... although you may sacrifice a little, you'll have no govenor and the topend speed you want to outrun the fellow honda you race.

I know of some people on this board who did a6 manifold swaps and swapped the ex ecu without changing to the a6 cam and haven't heard anything but good gains from their butt dyno. If you haven't already and plan on keeping the F-motor, try swapping to a F22a6 or H23 intake manifold and then do the pt6. It will control the dual runners which actually your a1 or a4 might like since they open up on high rpms and sound more deep and aggressive.
                              Nice Breakdown . Thanks!.
                              My Black "H"
                              AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

what about if I slap a h23 intake manifold on my f20a block will I notice a big difference

Comment

Working...
                                X