Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust header question

So i have looked into countless books trying to find this damn gasket. I cant find it anywhere, i even took the felt/metal/felt layered stuff and made my own damn gasket for my downpipe to manifold connection, the ***** keeps blowing for some reason. Its on a F22A1 motor and its causing nothing but problems.

The one im looking for is the downpipe to manifold connection gasket, 3 studs, 2 2inch holes. I have tried everywhere possible, nobody carries this gasket for anything, i even tried going to Subaru hoping one of their turbocharged motors had this gasket. Nothing... I been searching for about 3 weeks now, running on a blown gasket, its not THAT noticable, but its a pain in the ass... Anyone got some idea's on where to go...
    PS: here are the places i tried...
    Cdn tire
    Piston ring
    Napa
    and all exhaust shops in winnipeg. Im at wits end with this thing, and i have no clue what to do. Any ideas...?
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Gasket maker. Yep they make them for exhausts.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I hate asking for part numbers and stuff, but do you have one with the manufactures name? I cant seem to find this stuff you guys keep talkin about, and considering i work at a parts store... its like *wtf are they talkin about*

Comment

f22-parts.com sells a copper gasket for that.
        You can also go to www.mcmaster.com and order P/N 95715K62. You just have to cut your own gasket. This is the stuff Honda specs for the EGR valve gasket. It's also the same basic material all the eBay headers use for their gaskets. I'm running some right now in the same spot, and it's working fine. Kinda smelled for the first bit after I started the car.

Comment

thanks all for the input, The copper *rtv* i already tried, never again will that touch my manifold... it all burnt right off, not even copper left, instead it dripped into the downpipe, and hardened in there near the bottom which was kinda funny lmao... Im waiting on my repalcement gaskets from the seller on ebay, we will see what this does, which im hoping this works, if it doesnt, well, i dunno, maybe i will have to buy different stuff.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhau...7531QQtcZphoto
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah i seen that, but i didnt need the other 2... i got a set of those comin my way... the guy warrantied the old gaskets and was kind enough to send me a new set. i sure hope that works....

Comment

guy came to the door today, and i missed him... got my gaskets, installing tomorrow...

Comment

installed today, definitly was a leak somewhere, the header was leaking at the manifold sittin on the head... wow what a pain in the ass, and the other gasket was toast as well, still kinda leaking though.

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                    thanks all for the input, The copper *rtv* i already tried, never again will that touch my manifold... it all burnt right off, not even copper left, instead it dripped into the downpipe, and hardened in there near the bottom which was kinda funny lmao... Im waiting on my repalcement gaskets from the seller on ebay, we will see what this does, which im hoping this works, if it doesnt, well, i dunno, maybe i will have to buy different stuff.
                    You're supposed to let it sit for a while before starting your car....

I use that copper RTV stuff on mine cus I don't have that gasket either.

doesn't leak one bit.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

this is the reason why i don't buy any e bay headers. the gaskets are crap.
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                      X