Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

swapping DC 421 w/ A4 header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping DC 421 w/ A4 header

I want to swap the A4 header with the DC sport one i have currently, will this be possible... if i just use the upper portion of the A4 and the downpipe of the DC? I want to get rid of that raspiness factor so i'm thinking that would work. I know i might lose some HP but it wont be a lot right? reason i'm asking is the damn junkyards always cut the cat off of the cars, rendering the downpipe and exhaust piping useless. I can easily get an A4 manifold though.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

I would see if you can find a bolt pattern of both and see how close they are, I think they will fit, and if they don't it probably wont be of too much. In other words if it doesn't fit drill the whole a little bigger and use a lot of copper spray.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Quick question.....Why would you go with the aftermarket header if the a4 and the a6 header are gonna work just as good if not better.The only company that I know would have a huge improvment and it has been proven. It would heve to be BISMOTO. Atleast that is what I have read on this forum.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
      PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

SMSP is another good company but you pay threw the @ss for it.

Click Me

Comment

I would probably stick with the bismotos' they look sick and IMO are reasonable.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong but research has shown that bismoto has got one the best setups if not the best. Most others aren't going to be that Big of a difference IF ANY.
            Last edited by JDM_CB7_TX; 09-30-2007, 11:12 PM.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX
              Quick question.....Why would you go with the aftermarket header if the a4 and the a6 header are gonna work just as good if not better.The only company that I know would have a huge improvment and it has been proven. It would heve to be BISMOTO. Atleast that is what I have read on this forum.
              the A6 just has an exhaust manifold like the A1. only the A4 had a tubular header.

plus i dont think the Bisimoto headers are available yet. i know that HondaFan is supposed to get his in October and thats going to be the first one given to the public.
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
                SMSP is another good company but you pay threw the @ss for it.
                If your lucky enough to get them to make an F application for you which I am sure will cost an arm and a leg because it will be custom. Best bet is bisimoto.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                  I want to swap the A4 header with the DC sport one i have currently, will this be possible... if i just use the upper portion of the A4 and the downpipe of the DC? I want to get rid of that raspiness factor so i'm thinking that would work. I know i might lose some HP but it wont be a lot right? reason i'm asking is the damn junkyards always cut the cat off of the cars, rendering the downpipe and exhaust piping useless. I can easily get an A4 manifold though.
                  If you want to lose the raspiness throw on another resonator, that will help, also keep the cat and have a good muffler and you will be in good shape.

Click Me

Comment

yeah as my setup stands right now it's

1) AEM CAI w/ bypass
                    2) DC Sport4-2-1 header w/ downpipe
                    3) Type-X straight pipe 2.5 in
                    4) Greddy Evo 2 2.5 in Catback

I get the raspiness from 2-2500 Rpm in 1st and 2-3K rpm in second and after that it lets off and its a nice deep tone. So to put a resonator on would i have to hack up my Greddy exhaust? i'm kinda scared to do that

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

i still have my cat, so should i put that back on? I kinda like how loud it is w/o the cat. I did notice the raspiness increased but noticed a little power increase and have an increased burble which i like when i let off the gas on the highway.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX
                        A1/A6 header from my knowledge is not as good as the A4. they're just 4-1 pieces (non-tubular), A4 is 4-2-1 (tubular), which is better. I bought my DC header wayyyy back in 2004 before i knew about this website and much about my car. Bisimoto headers are good, but WHEN are they gonna be available? people have been talking and talking and nothing yet. And I heard $600 floating around for the cost of it? too much for just a std. bolt on for me right now. besides i just want to get rid of that raspiness i have at a certain RPM.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

The DC header will not bolt up to the stock downpipe, the header itself is longer or shorter, I don't remember, but the bolt pattern is the same. I think it will work with the H23 downpipe.

I'll have to check tomorrow, I gave my DC to my freind and he put it on a H23 in a civic.
                          MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                          If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                            The DC header will not bolt up to the stock downpipe, the header itself is longer or shorter, I don't remember, but the bolt pattern is the same. I think it will work with the H23 downpipe.

I'll have to check tomorrow, I gave my DC to my freind and he put it on a H23 in a civic.
                            No i think you've got it flipped, i want to keep the DC downpipe but change the upper portion to the A4 manifold. I mistakenly threw out my A6 header and downpipe in the dumpster right after i got my new DC header...shoulda kept them.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                              A1/A6 header from my knowledge is not as good as the A4. they're just 4-1 pieces (non-tubular), A4 is 4-2-1 (tubular), which is better. I bought my DC header wayyyy back in 2004 before i knew about this website and much about my car. Bisimoto headers are good, but WHEN are they gonna be available? people have been talking and talking and nothing yet. And I heard $600 floating around for the cost of it? too much for just a std. bolt on for me right now. besides i just want to get rid of that raspiness i have at a certain RPM.
                              The A6 is 4-2-1 cast. The manifold itself is cast and the downpip is tubular which is the 2-1 part.
                              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X