Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

KMS Valves Vs. Ferrea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMS Valves Vs. Ferrea

Well I doubt most people on here ever compared the two companies. But when it comes down to the accord head, we are short alot of support.

I have both head packages that both companies offer. I am just going to show you guys some pictures of both head packages. The differences, The similarities, and The final Conclusion on which one to get.

KMS Exhaust Valve:

As you can see there is a swirl pattern and its tapered. That actually helps with the air flow into the combustion chamber.

Ferrea Exhaust Valve:

Ferrea valves does not have the taper but it does have the swirl.

Ferrea(left) KMS (right)

KMS Valve is more concave in the middle and the Ferrea is Almost flat but it still has a bowl in the middle. Not as deep as the KMS.

KMS Valve Angle:

Ferrea Valve Angle:

Valve Springs: KMS Is the single, Ferrea is the Dual

The kms springs are the same length as stock but the Ferrea is shorter and to make up for the height they send spacers with their springs to give you the right seat pressure and height.

Obviously the size of the springs are different, Ferrea WILL need to the head to be machined to fit the springs, KMS wont.

Retainers:

Both are titanium and both are about the same weight.

Now here's the catch. The Ferrea System is a great system but its pricey. You have to search for it and if you piece it together you will have to spend roughly $1500 and up. Not including machining the head to fit.

The KMS is a single spring upgrade that works just like stock with better springs.

The Quality of both products are great. KMS is not a cheap brand. They actually have some quality stuff. But The only reason I have Ferrea is because I got a good deal with them.

So My conclusion is If you got the money and want the ULTIMATE valve train for the SOHC get the Ferrea system.

If you are on a budget and need something better than stock get the KMS package. It goes for around $600 with a blockgaurd.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM.

Whats your setup that you have these expensive FERREA systems

Good Thread.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

excellent info. thanks for your contribution

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

What springs would you recomend? Great Thread

Comment

Corrected your statement, the KMS is single and fits like stock, you had Ferrea originally. Good information. See, he proves what I've said before about Ferrea being expensive, then further machining on head needed to fit springs, this does not include headwork costs!
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

You should put "Review" in the title.

Good info Bruno.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Nice writeup! I'll be making a review forum in a bit... this will definitely be moved in there!

I've been considering KMS for my H22 valvetrain myself... I may go that route.

Also, I've never heard anything good about a block guard.

Comment

That's why you get them free with the valve train. LOL

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

"We made these things and now we can't sell em! Give em away and jack up the valvetrain price!"

Comment

(shameful plug) if anyone cares i have a KMS valve spring kit for sale.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...19#post1118319

Comment

I have the KMS valves in my motor. They looked awesome and perform very well... I guess i was their guinnipig for valvesprings, cause what they sent me didnt fit. The springs were smaller in diameter then the OEM ones and u need a special bottom piece and their special retainers... The 1st set were so bad, they were bound up when the valves were closed...
                      They sent my different bottom spring pieces that were shorter...didnt work... The sent me new retainers that were cut deeper... didnt work... they sent me another set of springs that were longer... They actuall fit, but when i checked the spring bind height i found they still bound up with my 272 cam...
                      And after like 6 months of bullshit from them sending me different springs, i had it and had to threaten them to get my $$ back. I ended up running a set of new F22a6 springs, which i have had no problem reving to 7500 with.
                      How much do there ferrea ones run? and do u need to mod the head to fit them?
                      12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                      11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                      F22a1
                      60-1 td06h turbo
                      Darton mid sleeves
                      85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                      Crower pro billet rods
                      Custom ported head.
                      KMS valves
                      F23 headgasket
                      ARP H23 headstuds
                      H23 upper intake manifold
                      F22a6 lower intake manifold
                      Intake manifold is gutted
                      AEM EMS 1040u
                      FIC 850cc injectors
                      Walbro 255 pump
                      H23 manual trans
                      Prelude shifter assembly
                      Forbidden short throw
                      Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

wheres the intake valves?
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Question, do the KMS springs work with stock retainers/seats?

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
                            Question, do the KMS springs work with stock retainers/seats?
                            No they dont, You will have to use the KMS retainers and springs. Also you will have to remove the stock valve seat and either just put a washer as the new seat or leave it alone.

Comment

I'm glad someone told me. KMS won't return my phone calls or emails. I wasn't sure they'd get my business even if the springs did work with stock retainers. Their customer service is lacking to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X