Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 vs f20b? why h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 vs f20b? why h22

ok everyone on the site is or has h22 swaps. how come no one every does f20b? what are some differnce's and how come everyone is choosing h22 over f20b. lemme know evreything you know about these two motors cause im thinking of selling my h22 and gettin a f20b.

thanks
    Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
    ..::Built not Bought::..

Originally posted by Josh26
    ok everyone on the site is or has h22 swaps. how come no one every does f20b? what are some differnce's and how come everyone is choosing h22 over f20b. lemme know evreything you know about these two motors cause im thinking of selling my h22 and gettin a f20b.

thanks
    simple

power

and also becoz of the OBDII to OBDI conversion.

and the H22a puts out more power and torque.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

yup power but i chose the f20b cause only 2 other ppl that i know of on the site have it and starkrice and I are the only ones with the SIR-T version which puts out 200hp @ 7200rpm and 144TQ @6600 rpm and ive found out that the f20b can keep up quite well with an h22 probably cause of the higher revs which the f20b sir-t version redlines at 8200 but as ive hers from starkrice can go to 8700 with ease and i wouldnt even dare taking a base h22 to even 8000 now a type S or Euro R model no problem

now if you wanted to get an f20b get a complete 5spd swap so you know your getting the more powerful version cause the other model the auto one puts out 180hp and 141TQ and redlines at 7800 but can go to 8200 no prob but then looses power after 8200 so if you wanna do it i say GO FOR IT!!!!

oh and if your cars auto ill buy the 5spd f20b trans lol
      Last edited by almostJDM; 09-06-2007, 12:22 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
      1992 Accord EX Coupe
      My FS Thread
      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
        yup power but i chose the f20b cause only 2 other ppl that i know of on the site have it and starkrice and I are the only ones with the SIR-T version which puts out 200hp @ 7200rpm and 144TQ @6600 rpm and ive found out that the f20b can keep up quite well with an h22 probably cause of the higher revs which the f20b sir-t version redlines at 8200 but as ive hers from starkrice can go to 8700 with ease and i wouldnt even dare taking a base h22 to even 8000 now a type S or Euro R model no problem

now if you wanted to get an f20b get a complete 5spd swap so you know your getting the more powerful version cause the other model the auto one puts out 180hp and 141TQ and redlines at 7800 but can go to 8200 no prob but then looses power after 8200 so if you wanna do it i say GO FOR IT!!!!

Mikey here knows his F20B's.

yeah, the F20B T-Spec go like stink. my buddy even has an N1 exhaust and OHMYGAWD u guys shud here it, especially when he slams all the way over the redline.

be unique!

and if u opt for the auto, grab that tiptronic and wire that shit up

its been done here many times, with much success.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
        Honda Accord Euro-R
        Honda Odyssey Absolute
        Honda City I-DSi
        Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
          Mikey here knows his F20B's.

yeah, the F20B T-Spec go like stink. my buddy even has an N1 exhaust and OHMYGAWD u guys shud here it, especially when he slams all the way over the redline.

be unique!

and if u opt for the auto, grab that tiptronic and wire that shit up

its been done here many times, with much success.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
          My FS Thread
          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh26

thanks
            I dont have an H...Nor will I ever own an H that isnt the factory engine....Boost an F thats the only way to go....Now I am done whoring your thread

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

i chose the h22 for the meir fact of the aftermarket supplies. i am sure this other motor has alot that can be done, but i took the safe rout... thats pretty much why..
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                i chose the h22 for the meir fact of the aftermarket supplies. i am sure this other motor has alot that can be done, but i took the safe rout... thats pretty much why..
                yup thats another reason ive only been able to fine parts for the F20b that are interchangeable with the h22 ....so far

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

im gonna be honest i did the h because its cheap and i can put more money into the motor and who cares about different be faster!!!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM

yea my cars a 5speed its my white one in my sig..i've already got a h22 in it. but my buddy had a f20b motor in his accord befor i meet him. he said it pulled waaay harder then any h22 cb7 hes rode in. but yea then when it comes to parts is alot if it interchangable with the H or no. like cams and stuff? i've never seen a f20b cam befor.

Comment

I was thinking about putting a F20b in my car instead of a H22a just because everyone does a H22a swap and i figured that also the F20b is lighter then the H Does anyone know if that is true?also i was if the F20b was in any american honda cars.

Mr.Phil: "FitMoHoesInMyFoDO"
                      Young jeezy:If you ain't talking about money then you ain't talkin bout Shit.

Comment

1 quick question are h22 and f22b cams interchangeable? wut are some common parts that are interchangeable. sorry for all the questions guys tryin to get more info cause i can pick up a 1998 f20b SIR-T with the 5speed LSD trans for 2g right now.

thanks

Comment

triptronic trannies wont work for our cars you need a special axle on the trannie side so you can go ahead and wire it up but you wont be able to turn the wheels unless you get a custom axle
                          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

F22B is non-vtec, so no. Absolutely not.

F20B cams should be the same as H22 cams... not sure what model H22, but it'd probably be cheaper to find Type S cams than it would be F20B cams anyway!

The F20B has a higher redline, which I can imagine would be fun as anything to drive. I love taking my H22 to 7200 (it can go higher, but I shift at 7200). Another 1500 safe RPMs would be kinda cool! Also, as said above, it's a bit less common. You won't be a total unique individual, but you'll still be among the minority that has the F20B.

Honestly, though, those are the only things that are better than the H22. The H22 has more low-end power. The H22 has a wider powerband. The H22 can be OBD1, so that's one less step when installing. The H22 has aftermarket parts that are guaranteed to work (the F20B is mostly the same, but there are bound to be a couple small differences that would be frustrating when you discovered them!). Because the H22 is so common, people know how to work with it. They know how to tune it. The H22 is also a bit cheaper.

Everyone says "oh, everybody has an H22!"... just remember, that is because we're members of a large community of people with the SAME CAR! Show an H22 swapped CB7 to someone with a CRX, and you're special! Hell, a guy from across the street came over the other day while I was changing my mounts... drawn by the red valve cover He drives a CRX and an EP hatch.

Comment

F22B is non-vtec, so no. Absolutely not.

F20B cams should be the same as H22 cams... not sure what model H22, but it'd probably be cheaper to find Type S cams than it would be F20B cams anyway!

The F20B has a higher redline, which I can imagine would be fun as anything to drive. I love taking my H22 to 7200 (it can go higher, but I shift at 7200). Another 1500 safe RPMs would be kinda cool! Also, as said above, it's a bit less common. You won't be a total unique individual, but you'll still be among the minority that has the F20B.

Honestly, though, those are the only things that are better than the H22. The H22 has more low-end power. The H22 has a wider powerband. The H22 can be OBD1, so that's one less step when installing. The H22 has aftermarket parts that are guaranteed to work (the F20B is mostly the same, but there are bound to be a couple small differences that would be frustrating when you discovered them!). Because the H22 is so common, people know how to work with it. They know how to tune it. The H22 is also a bit cheaper.

Everyone says "oh, everybody has an H22!"... just remember, that is because we're members of a large community of people with the SAME CAR! Show an H22 swapped CB7 to someone with a CRX, and you're special! Hell, a guy from across the street came over the other day while I was changing my mounts... drawn by the red valve cover He drives a CRX and an EP hatch.
                              perfectly explain'd to me thanks bro. hmm prolly thinking i may just keep my h22 and build that and get the lsd tranny. but ima still do some reseach cause a accord type r motor would be G haha

Comment

Working...
                              X