Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DC Header Flange/Flex Pipe Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC Header Flange/Flex Pipe Question

Okay, so I already talked about this a little in another section as just a find, but I want to put this here to get a few more opinions and hopefully an idea on the price.

I purchased a used DC Header this weekend. The outside is a little rough...ie rust/tarnish, etc, but the header appears to be solid and I'm sure some high temp paint and some work will clean it right up.

Now for the bad part. This was on a car in the junkyard, and they are known to cut the exhausts off before they put the car in the yard. being that, the rear section of the pipe is cut off. The flange is missing, but the hanger is there, as well as the O2 sensor. The flex pipe is also junk. Even though the header was on a F22a1 in a 92 EX, it is the EX header with the O2 sensor in the back. I have a LX, and I know I will have to relocate the sensor. My question is is this pipe saveable. I know cpmike said he thinks it is. I was just wondering what i'm looking at cost wise to get a new flex pipe/O2 sensor/flange put on. It appears on my stock exhaust (cheesy midas) the flex pipe is welded to a pipe then goes to the cat. I have been thinking about getting a whole next exhaust put in, including a high flow cat. WIth this header the way it is, is it possible to cut it before the flex and make up a new pipe from that cut back...and by doing that, will I lose the gains from the header. Also, what would be the approximate cost getting the header fixed and put on, without the other stuff done.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

alrighty buddy i just got done with this a few days ago.. i got steven ATXs header.. but my sister already had the exhaust welded to the stock header.. so what i ddi was.. unbolt the top portion of the stock header.. install the new dc top portion.. and drive like that to the muffler shop.. there.. they torched apart the exhaust setup to the old stock downpipe.. i loosely rebolted the DC downpipe to the DC header.. he then cut off the flange.. since it wasnt gonna have anything to bolt to and welded them together.. i only recommend this if your sure u have no plans on selling the header.. it decreases the value some that the flange is missing.. takes away from that bolt on application..

now.. relocating the sensor isnt too bad.. i have alot of extra wiring that i needed to zip tie out of the way. because i thought i needed a certain amount when i didnt..

if u get a check engine light.. be sure to check that your connections are good on the o2..

my sisters car is running lean.. due to the compression ratio being in the mid 10s from having the head shaved..so the ecu thinks there is a fuel delivery problem.. so its throwing code 43 and 01 which is o2 sensor..

so to check if i was right i bout a cheesy 0-1.0v a/f gauge.. installed it.. and low and behold its like.. between led 2 and 4 on the lean side at idle.. and the max it goes to is the last lead of stoich.. at WOT. so its lean.. i doubt this will happen to you but you may get a o2 sensor code.. for some reason bumping it or fucking with the wires of the o2 sensor may cause it to take a shitter.. oh.. and after everything is all put on.. reset your ecu the right way..

ok im done ranting

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Wikked,

So did you replace your O2 sensor and it fixed the problem?

Also, what do you mean by "reset your ECU the right way"? I read you're supposed to remove the radio back-up fuse...that what you mean? That is what Helms states.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

no i havent replaced the damn o2 sensor yet.. i will soon enough.. if a FPR with some upped pressure doesnt richen this fucker out...

i meant

.remove neg from battery
        remove ecu fuse

wait a few min
        reinstall fuse
        reinstall neg

turn on car

let idle.. let the fans come on twice
        turn off.. turn back on

this allows the car to get used to the mods that you have added..

ive been told this.. and so far ive followed by it and havent seen any problems till know.. its lean thou.. check this out

if u cant tell its on led 2-3 from the lean side..
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

heres a pic of the gauge im using.. its on led 2-4 at idle most of the time.. from the lean side.. ugh.. i need a fpr.. or new o2.. either or.. im gonna do the fpr first since its cheaper..
          Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
          X