Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How can I tell if this ECU is chipped? And also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I tell if this ECU is chipped? And also

What do I need to yoink a map from another chipped P28? A burner, a cable and the software?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

I think the Burn1 Reads it when you input it in the comp as I recall. It serves as a burner/reader.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

But visually, how can I tell? I looked on phearable.net and saw their chipped ECUs, and mine looks about the same with the socket and the 'chip'... but how do stock ECUs look?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Do phearables come with the ZIF socket? By the sound of it they do not. You can look around the Control unit and look around for any places that got desoldered. Usually if it already has you can pry it out CAREFULLY with a flathead screwdriver.

EDIT: sent to me by d112

What a stock ECU look like

No socket

With Socket
        Last edited by NAiL05; 06-06-2007, 02:27 AM.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Oh shit it is chipped

Now I just gotta find a burner...

Comment

moates burn1 works great for me the only thing I am still trying to figure out is how read and adjust the tables in crome

Comment

Working...
            X