Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

**H22 Headers**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**H22 Headers**

I know i Know, everybody is sick of this question but please bear with me. I plan to buy a header and mod the down pipe to a 2.5 collector. my question is what header is the strongest or worth buying. i looked at OBX on ebay but they have no badge on them and black and white booklets. I think they are knock offs.Can somebody get me a link or source to a real obx ceramic header or something comparable to DC sports. Please leave input.
    thanks and
    GOD BLESS!

1. Ive never seen a ceramic obx. They all SS. unless I am missing something. I dont think obx is 2.5" either/ The only 2.5" I know of is DC sports race header. The other headers you have to do the collector mod to enlarge the downpipe opening to 2.5".

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

there's an obx knock off?

just buy w/e pleases you. Unless you spend over $500, you won't notice much of a difference with an aftermarket header.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Megan Racing is a decent quality header that is comparible to DC and OBX

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Any Links to some web sites? I would love the help.
          bLeSsEd!

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            there's an obx knock off?
            Exactly what I was thinking.....

Member's Ride

Comment

I'd save the cash and get something nice, not to say obx or dc sports, even megan isnt nice but there are better headers. I'd probably take the megans if I had to pick some sub 500 dollar headers from what Ive read and heard there good for the money.

Ive always wanted some JUN headers, hefty price, but there super lemon sure can move.

I have RS*R headers :P, good stuff.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

SMSP

Comment

^ yeah but that would be costly!!! get the megan header. it's cheap and very good for the price. ebay is your best bet for that header.
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

get a custom header use an old header from junkyard where ever it may be de weld it use the header flange from both 4-2 and enlarge it to whatever you want and do the same to the 2nd peice and your set that what i did well I used the upper DC header and the 2nd piece was removed and replaced to a 4-2-1 just like DC but closer .

DC is 4----2---1-flex--(2.5 collector)-CAT----Resonator----Exhaust.
                    Mine is DC 4----2-1(2.5 ID Collector)-flex---Cat----resonator---exhaust

but lost a little mid but gained in low and high
                    my collector is closer to the engine and also it starts a 2.5 ID all the way to exhaust. from the merge

DC header and Meagan and whatever helps mid range but looses in tq and high end depending on your setup though...

ohh btw cost was about 1200 for parts and labor for exhaust and header and Vbands and other MISC stuff
                    Last edited by trah; 06-25-2007, 01:55 AM.
                    either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

i just got a dc header today with the 2.5 collector... im much more happy with the quality ect of this header than the megan racing one. that megan racing one was JUNK. Pipes were paper thin, welds broke...over all waste of $150...... remember....ya get what you pay for......
                      Seattle Silver crew #5
                      Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                      ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
                      X