Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bov

What kind of BOV fits the cb7(92 accord)
    My Ride

first of all, you ARE gettin' it turbocharged right?...if not, the bov would be pointless...and i think it would be considered very "ricer". But what i think (not so sure) is that BOVs can fit on almost any pipe...someone correct me if im wrong..but it depends on pressure/size. ..other than that quote...try researching...

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

You can fit anything in the car you just need a flange that matches.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^^ same as nelson. if you just put the bov on the intake, your going to get laughed at, btw it wouldnt work at all.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

why do these threads keep showing up more and more often lately?

beginner forums.

search.
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

i can put the BOV on the intake? What do you mean by ima get laughed at and why wouldnt it work?
            My Ride

Comment

it does work it just doesnt sound loud lol... i had it on my cd5 for like a week because i took off the turbo and left the intercooler and charge pipping. its pointless though if u dont have a turbo. and i dont even think u can hear it without a front mount intercooler throwing inn al that air to the intake.
              Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

It wouldn't work there isn't enough pressure for it to blow off! Here's what you do search ebay and there is this thing you but on your exhaust and it will make your car sound turbo and than there is their is this other thing you can buy that will sound like a bov with the push of a button lol! If you already got the bov start reading and do research up on going turbo aite bro!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Go research it....YOu need to learn how a BOV works. if your gonna do that go buy the bov siren they make. Your just wasting money. And making yourself look like a retard to people. Also It wont open on an intake as already mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

let me explain you the concept of the bov since you wont do the research.

what a bov does is when you step on the gas and shoot all the turbo air into the motor and when you let the gas off you close the tb. at this point there is left pressure inside the charge pipes. if theres no bov it will kill the turbo quickly. what the bov does is with all the psi the bov valve opens and shoots out all the air. and restarts the cycle again. the bov is there to save the turbo.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
                      it does work it just doesnt sound loud lol... i had it on my cd5 for like a week because i took off the turbo and left the intercooler and charge pipping. its pointless though if u dont have a turbo. and i dont even think u can hear it without a front mount intercooler throwing inn al that air to the intake.

ummm...not true. the frount mount doesnt have anything to do with 'throwing all that air'. if anything it restricts it. the compressor is the only intake point on a turbo system... the FMIC is a closed system. a blow off valve wont work at all with an open intake system, theres no pressure behind it...
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                      X