Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DSM help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM help

One of my brothers friend has a 1st gen turbo eclipse. Its been sitting around his house for a few months now because he said he had an oil leak he didnt know about and he basically fried his motor.

Question is would the turbo be ruined because of the oil leak? Also would any of the injectors or the other turbo parts be hurt or could I still use them. I feel like an idiot for asking, but i'd rather know a little bit ahead of time before I drive 45 minutes just to "look" at the parts

where was the leak from? i don't see how an oil leak would relate to anything turbo-related.... unless the leak was FROM the turbo, then it'd need seals, hell while at it, just get it rebuilt and you're good to go

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Im not sure, he didnt really know anything about it when I asked him about it. He just said he had an oil problem and that " it fried the engine"

debating on if I should go get anything off it

Comment

hell, if turboed, get a hold of the exhaust manifold, injectors, turbo, o2 housing, some downpipe tubing might be a lil helpful, not sure if you wanna get the SMIC , but that'd be a good step towards a turbo setup

My Ride thread
        Flickr
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

damm pick it up, and rebuild the turbo. its worth it on a beautiful cb like you have.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Thanks for the comment about my cb, I need to get some new pictures up with my drop

As for the turbo, I'm still leaning towards a 16g from a guy I know off a 99 eclipse, but I think he wants around 300 for it. My brothers friend doesnt really know much about cars at all so he'd probablly let me have everthing for realllly cheap. I could possibly resell the 14b on here for cash towards the 16g

Wondering if the 16 would be worth it or if I should just go for the 14
            Last edited by apuforyou; 05-14-2007, 11:25 PM.

Comment

the 16g is DEFINITELY worth it, if possible, yea, go ahead and get a hold of the turbo and resell it, hell, you might even be able to sell it here

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
                Thanks for the comment about my cb, I need to get some new pictures up with my drop

As for the turbo, I'm still leaning towards a 16g from a guy I know off a 99 eclipse, but I think he wants around 300 for it. My brothers friend doesnt really know much about cars at all so he'd probablly let me have everthing for realllly cheap. I could possibly resell the 14b on here for cash towards the 16g

Wondering if the 16 would be worth it or if I should just go for the 14
                ill pm you after school, i know a guy that could hook you up on a 16g. good price too.
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                X