Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DC header...yes or no..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC header...yes or no..

ok so , i can get a USED dc header, ex style (o2 sensor is on downpipe)

it's gonna cost me a 150-160$ CDN when all is said and done.

my question is. Should i go for it? i mean, is this thing even gonna be noticable at all?, i alread have an f22a6 so my stock header is pretty good. i hear the dc will sound different but, i'm more interested in nabbin a few extra HP's( literally a few).

i don't wanna just blow 160$ pointlessly on bullshit "gains"

keep in mind my EXhaust is Pretty much stock,i have a short ram i can put on, but basically gonna be staying stock exhaust for awhile.

will i notice a difference?, does anyone who has this header with stock exhaust have any feedback? ,

also i hear the DC header is a little lower then the stock one so i'm more likely to dent it, is this true? keep in mind i don't have alot of money to blow on this car and just looking to do something that will give me a lil fun for a bit.
    ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

I think that without a complete exhaust upgrade the header alone wont have much impact on hp #'s. The DC header is a good header and that price isent too bad, but if you're looking to gain that extra few hp you will need to upgrade your whole exhaust

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

def.
      I put a magnaflow catback exhaust on with a high flow magnaflow cat... i noticed a difference. If you open the bottle neck at the headers and leave the bottle neck in the back... i dont think you'll see a difference.

I noticed a difference with mine, but when i get the new headers, i'm sure i'll see an even bigger difference... after that i'll have full aftermarket exhaust

also... maybe it was fluke or something but right after i put my exhaust on, i drove to canada and got 38mpg... 3 ppl in the car... I've been trying to figure that one out for a while now. Thats the record efficiency for my car :P
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
        ok so , i can get a USED dc header, ex style (o2 sensor is on downpipe)

it's gonna cost me a 150-160$ CDN when all is said and done.

my question is. Should i go for it? i mean, is this thing even gonna be noticable at all?, i alread have an f22a6 so my stock header is pretty good. i hear the dc will sound different but, i'm more interested in nabbin a few extra HP's( literally a few).

i don't wanna just blow 160$ pointlessly on bullshit "gains"

keep in mind my EXhaust is Pretty much stock,i have a short ram i can put on, but basically gonna be staying stock exhaust for awhile.

will i notice a difference?, does anyone who has this header with stock exhaust have any feedback? ,

also i hear the DC header is a little lower then the stock one so i'm more likely to dent it, is this true? keep in mind i don't have alot of money to blow on this car and just looking to do something that will give me a lil fun for a bit.
        go for it...its a good price...

just check the flex pipe...sometimes the DC flex pipes like to crack ....

later on u can get a RSX muffler from the junk yard and open up the exhaust system a little
        DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
        X