Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

MSD Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSD Help

Im looking to go and get a MSD setup for my f22a1 what do i get? whitch box? thanks Jeff.
    i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

try the 6AL MSD ignition system #6420, cap and rotor, and the Blaster SS coil.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

if your staying NA or going boost. go with what haccord992h said.
      but if you plan to use NOS at anytime i'd go with the msd digital 6 spark box instead of the 6AL.

Comment

ive got a MSD SCI new in box for cheap in the for sale section,..... lol just thought id throw it out there
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Would a stock f22a1 net any hp/tq increases with the upgraded ignition? If so how much? I ask because I have, well you guessed it a stock f22a1!
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc
            Would a stock f22a1 net any hp/tq increases with the upgraded ignition? If so how much? I ask because I have, well you guessed it a stock f22a1!
            Nope. stock Honda ignitions are pretty good up to about 350-400 hp.
            www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
            http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Most people think MSD is awesome stuff when they install it on their cars.

Thing is, most of the time, those stock honda ignition components were as old as the car. Which is most likely the reason people think msd crap gives them jdm hp.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Most people think MSD is awesome stuff when they install it on their cars.

Thing is, most of the time, those stock honda ignition components were as old as the car. Which is most likely the reason people think msd crap gives them jdm hp.
                I've had two different MSD boxes and never had prolems with either. I think alot of the problems people have has to do with trying to use one with a stock coil or wanting to mount it in the engine compartment where it is subject to alot of heat cycles and vibrations which will decrease its life.

I agree though to most it just fixes another problem and makes people think it was the MSD. All an MSD does is create a more powerful spark that will ignite a mixture in higher compression situations or when a different fuel is used that requires something of the sort to light it off. Other than that its just bling haha.

Comment

Does anyone have pics how to install it?

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                  My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

there pdf files of the instructions on MSD's website if thats what you are looking for.

Comment

Ok, thanx

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                      My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Working...
                      X