Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H23 Head Porting Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 Head Porting Job

What's up my friends, you see, i have a H23 head on my F22 block and 2 weeks ago my car started burning a little oil (blueish smoke) through the exhaust valve guides and i had to pull the head out.

I want to know how hard is to port the head since i'm a noob on porting heads, i used to have a professional in my shop but he died on a terrible accident last year. I have all the tools: the air rotary tool, all the abrasives needed, etc.. please give me some advise. send me a link or something

Head Pics:

Last edited by haccord992h; 05-04-2007, 01:03 AM.

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

it's not too bad, i just used a flapper wheel for all, leaves a nice smooth finish.
    if unsure, i'd just mess with the outer flat parts, and not the inside part where it curves down to the valves

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

if you hit a coolant jacket you'll have a new boat anker.

Comment

Yeah the head you need for driving isn't the best head to learn on.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/te..._head_porting/

http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.aspx

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
            it's not too bad, i just used a flapper wheel for all, leaves a nice smooth finish.
            if unsure, i'd just mess with the outer flat parts, and not the inside part where it curves down to the valves
            pretty much.

basically the pports will need to be even all the way around. so say the intake port. use an exhaust valve as your guide to measure the distance on the sides of the valve. be sure that the exhaust valve can move smoothly throughout the entire port.

extrude honing isnt a bad idea either but is pricy.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

here's a nice little starter kit for anyone interested.
              http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=44716

I'm getting into this diy porting as well. I have a spare dpfi IM that I work on when we're not busy at work.

Comment

www.chrracingproducts.com or www.pure-tuning.com
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                  he asked if someone could show him links on how to do it himself, not who to send it to.

Like jarret said tho, don't learn on the head you plan to use.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    he asked if someone could show him links on how to do it himself, not who to send it to.

Like jarret said tho, don't learn on the head you plan to use.
                    You obviously didn't get why I posted...
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

alright we all need to calm down now.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                      X