Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22ax full engine build ... what do you think ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22ax full engine build ... what do you think ??

ok.. sending an extra f22a block to have it bored out to the water jackets and then putting in a 1/8 sleeve for the cylinder walls. then taking the o.d. of that and having some piston and rods made for it. would this be a good start for a good n/a motor.. I don't want to go with turbo or supercharged.. i was wanting to put at least 250 shot of NOS on it and make it hold up to the heat. would it be allright to run the stock crank since it is a forged steel?? i don't know what the tolerances are on the crank ?? thankx and any suggestions or comments welcome !! still not quite sure what head to use but probably will be a h23 !!

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

A 250 shot is too much for a machine shop sleeve. If you really want to do all that you are going to have to step up to darton sleeve or golden eagle. If you want to keep it stock ish, I would suggest getting forged piston and rods, keep the block the way it is with the 85mm bore and have your machine shop over bore it .20" or .5mm.

Comment

Someone on here was ruinning a hefty shot of nitrous on his motor. 150 dual stage I think? I forgot his sn but his car was purple and kitted. I forgot what shot he ran and what he had done but his car was quick for what it was.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just build it and go turbo you should be straight after that buy my kit that will net you 380whp or more with the setup i got and youll have that power all day. pm me if interested

Comment

about the sleeves.. i am going with special high temp resistant sleeves. i don't want turbo right now because i want to go as much n/a as possible and also throw some nitrous when needed. not really looking to keep it stock except for the crank... i am just curious if it will hold up to the strain and not snap in half !! basically looking to build a sleeper for these middle tn racers.... already have the body that it is going in so just need to build the motor internally for a stock look externally !!

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
          X