Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

building a head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building a head

ok i wanna get my head built. i eventually wanna boost but not until the engine is built. so what im asking is how much can i do to the head to run boost but still be able to run N/A til i finish the bottom end without having to send it back to a shop. is a built head all the same, do u just change the cam shaft for different applications? thanks for the help

well it matters how much money you willing to spend. you could get these parts:

cam
    cam gear
    bigger valves
    titanium springs
    ported and polished

thats what you could do. if your running 8psi then everything should be ok. but like 10psi over, id recomend the above for more power and reliability.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

well for boost u want it to lower the compression so tell them that and it will run fine on a na until u boost just want have all the power as with a turbo
      93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Originally posted by jdmhondaman
        well for boost u want it to lower the compression so tell them that and it will run fine on a na until u boost just want have all the power as with a turbo
        huh??? If he still has the F the compression on the things is already 8.8:1 which is low enough. How far do you want to build on the head. I would avoid the cam/cam gear until you know what setup your gonna run with.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

general theory:
          more air = more hp regardless

make sure you get someone reliable to do the port work. dont forget porting th intake manifold and extrude hone it.

5 angle valve job as well
          titanium retainers
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X