Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fuel Injector Guidelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector Guidelines

From http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/f...ectorguide.htm with some modifications (450cc DSM injectors instead of 322cc whatever injectors)

Fuel Injector Spotters Guide and Information
    So, how much power is this injector good for? That depends on the air/fuel ratio that is used, but a good rule of thumb is to divide this flow figure by 5 to get a hp capability. So, 450cc divided by 5 = 90hp maximum fuel flow with this injector. If you want to be pedantic, it's the mass of the fuel (not the volume) which is the critical factor. Assuming a "normal" fuel density, the mass of the fuel in pounds per hour can be worked out by Dividing the cc per minute figure by 10.5. For this injector, that gives a mass flow of 42.86 pounds/hour. To convert from pounds/hour to horsepower capability, multiply the figure by 2.04. So 42.86 pounds/hour multiplied by 2.04 gives a horsepower capability of 87.43hp - nearly the same as we got from the cc/minute figure.
    The power ratings discussed above are for each injector. This means that you need to multiply this rating by the number of injectors that are to be used. So, if you were using the DSM 450cc injectors in a 4 cylinder engine (with one injector per cylinder) the max power that the injectors could deliver fuel for would be about 349.72hp. All of these figures are assuming that you are running an average fuel pressure of ~43psi and at 90% duty cycle. At 80% duty cycle, the DSM 450cc's would be capable of 310.86hp.

Conversions
    500cc per minute is approximately equal to 49lbs per hour which is equal to approximately 100hp.
    lbs/hour = cc per minute / 10.5
    lbs per hour = HP / 2.04
    cc per minute = lbs per hour x 10.5
    cc per minute = HP x 5
    HP = cc per minute / 5
    HP = lbs per hour x 2.04
    Last edited by foamypirate; 03-09-2007, 04:10 PM.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.
Working...
X