Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hey what kind of sleeves does your H23 have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey what kind of sleeves does your H23 have?

Everywhere I have been looking on this forum, people say H23 blocks are like F22 blocks and have ductile iron sleeves.

Well, it shocked me to see this but, my H23's sleeves are made of FRM!!!! Like WTF!!!! Damn, defeated the purpose of picking it up...resleeve time.

They are FRM? People have been saying they were cast iron until BJaccord mentioned it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Why is this such a surprise? I thought it was common knowledge that H23 blocks were like this. If they did have iron sleeves people would be swapping H22 heads and cheap forged internals like crazy.

Comment

H23 and h22 are identical blocks, absolutely no difference. All are FRM, even the open deck h22a4's.
        Turbo H23a3 build has begun
        01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          Why is this such a surprise? I thought it was common knowledge that H23 blocks were like this. If they did have iron sleeves people would be swapping H22 heads and cheap forged internals like crazy.
          Out of the blue and MIA!!!! Good to see you are like alive man.

Yeah dude, in a common sensical way, this isnt a suprise. I just read in a few places that they were iron sleeves. So to clear the misconception, they aren't. This is what happens when you read post from people who think they know what they are talking about....

Comment

Working...
          X