Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Some transmission questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some transmission questions

alright, my F22s transmission is on its way out. now, i would really like to build my f22 for all motor, MAYBE boost. either way, i want to keep my f22.

my question is this, would a H22 trans fit my f22 motor?? would it be better? i searched but i couldnt really find what i was looking for...

also, can i use the clutch i just put in my f22s trans on the h22 trans ASSUMING it fits??

thanks for any help guys!!
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Yea itill fit...Read the swaps section tells you how to tap the trans to make it work.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you searched and didn't find nothing wow, this question is all over the site man
      Members Ride

Comment

Its better if you get a h22 tranny for allmotor. If you got the cash send your f22 tranny to get rebuilt at gearspeed and get it rebuilt with a lsd quaife tranny. They got a sale goin on now so dont miss it.

Comment

yeah go with spark cause if you have a turbo you something with longer gear ratios to stay in boost but if you go with all motor setups esp vtec then you want something with shorter ratios so you can stay within vtec if that makes any sense to you
          Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

dont take my word for it heres the proof
            http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1906862

oh shit and he has haters too
            Last edited by h22sparkle; 02-26-2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

i like how they polished that tranny it looks sick!!!!! i would do it to mine and polish everything else with it too

thanx for da sig. DFRHonda

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                dont take my word for it heres the proof
                http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1906862

oh shit and he has haters too
                how is that hating? He asked a simple question and got called a hater?

you REALLY cant say something is quality just because it looks nice and vice versa.

I dont doubt its high quality, but the guy wanted some proof b/c it seems like their customer service sucks ass(according to all other posts)

anyways, depending on how much of an all motor build you do, an h22 trans might not be ideal for you.

Decide on what you want to do then decide on which tranny you need for your setup.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  how is that hating? He asked a simple question and got called a hater?

you REALLY cant say something is quality just because it looks nice and vice versa.

I dont doubt its high quality, but the guy wanted some proof b/c it seems like their customer service sucks ass(according to all other posts)

anyways, depending on how much of an all motor build you do, an h22 trans might not be ideal for you.

Decide on what you want to do then decide on which tranny you need for your setup.

Believe me a hate is a hater. You see the mans work just about everydamn one reccommends him. And another person comes in there hes lookin the other way like oh i dont see anything ,oh i dont know if he does good work comon get serious bro. Gearspeed is FTW the guy that was on there was probably talking shit on there becuase he asked a dumb question and got shunned for it. No trust me their customer service doesnt suck ass for a one week turn around with everything I highly doubt that.

I race my tranny all the time no issues on it and im loving it. And im about to runt he second tranny on it with boost. So yeah the proof is in the pudding. Carbon coated synchros more life on the tranny with new seals bearings and a quaife LSD If you want proof why not just buy it and try it for yourself if you can afford it its its too much to your disbelief. But dont take my word for it go out and buy yourself one.

Comment

there's always the h23 tranny. not too short, not too long. that's what im running with my h22 and im loving it! but to each his own, right!?
                    R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

Comment

Originally posted by EdgarCb7
                      there's always the h23 tranny. not too short, not too long. that's what im running with my h22 and im loving it! but to each his own, right!?
                      Thats true im not knockin you for that but truthfully imma get what I paid for with me when it comes to my cars its go hard or go home. I choose to go hard and get the most out of both my setups. Nothing but the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X