Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Engine Torque Damper INFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Torque Damper INFO

I Get a Crazy Amout of PM's About My Torque Damper...
    What: 94-97 Accord NR>G Engine Torque Damper
    Where: Ebay.com
    Cost: $61.87 Shipped

I Was Kinda Wondering When I Joined This Site Why No One has One??? (ChroNicBoosT is The Only Person I Know Of...)

It Really Helped Out for Launching and Shifting. I Get Less WheelHop and Grab Better Threw Shifts. It Does Increase Vibrations, But Not That Bad. The Bolts Keep Gittin Loose But I Didnt LocTite Them Yet. If You Have a Torque Damper, Wanna Let Me Know How You Like It???

"Black92Accord's NEW Acura TSX"

W/ Navi But Auto
    -----------------------------
    SOLD
    1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr. With a 5speed Manual Trans, Black Exterior with Black/Tan Interior
    SOLD

hmm would this work with the people that have an H22?
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Yea Ive been wondering if the 94-97 accord one would work with the h22a. But yea I have been eyeing these for awhile. Plus they make em for the lude I think dunno if those bolt on.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

would it work for a auto?
        Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
          would it work for a auto?
          yea since it mounts on the driver side.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i guess its a good alternative to getting urethane inserts, or filling the engine mounts. especially when getting to a rear mount can be tricky.

but i wonder if its any better than people that have front AND rear urethane engine mount inserts.
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
              i guess its a good alternative to getting urethane inserts, or filling the engine mounts. especially when getting to a rear mount can be tricky.

but i wonder if its any better than people that have front AND rear urethane engine mount inserts.
              Its more beneficial to have the dampener with the inserts/engine mounts. Alone the difference wouldn't be night and day. It is after all a dampener. A good comparison would be the strut bar that came in the 9th generation Corolla XRS models.

Comment

hmmm ^^^ never knew that.

I eyed them also, alot of the turbo guys are still trying to find solutions to loss of the front torque mount and this may be one for the ppl that still have the powersteering bracket on the motor. I'd probably have to fab a bracket for it myself for my car tho.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

damn i didnt kno they were that cheap...

im with you on that one MRX

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                  11.68 @ 127mph
                  417whp/375wtq
                  Sold: 8/2016

Comment

hmmmm...looks like they're in the $90 range now on ebay. i think i'll fab it myself for that much
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Haha yea. You could always hack the old ps bracket if you have it. Use two bolts to hold it on and hack off the rest you never know haha thats an idea but yea there quite expensive. The colored ones are 90 and some of the chrome ones I have seen go for 50-60 on ebay.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

whats it connected to?? i see its connected to what looks like the power steering bracket.
                        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
                          whats it connected to?? i see its connected to what looks like the power steering bracket.
                          Yep thats what its connected to.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

solid front/rear motor mounts FTW!!!

Comment

whats the other end connected to?
                              My Members Ride Thread