Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust???

Alright well I can have an exhaust made for about 80 bills, I was wondering if it's better to buy one, a friend of mine had his amde at the same shop and it looks aftermarket, the pipes are perfect.What would be better?

80 bills 8000 dollars? Damn.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

HAHA, 80 dollars, so is there a real power difference I mean ity looks so perfect it looks aftermarket like HKS or something.

Comment

well if the shop bends the pipe good enough to where their isnt tight bends before the axelback. because even though the shop bends alot on the rear, it wont affect your airflow and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
          HAHA, 80 dollars, so is there a real power difference I mean ity looks so perfect it looks aftermarket like HKS or something.
          depends what type of piping?...stainless steel or normal steel?....what size of piping?

I say go for it....if you have an original exhaust system, the new one is probably better....just be careful with how loud it might be

have fun
          DEVOTE

Comment

Its stainless stell, they do 2,2.5,3 inch. I dont care how loud it is, I live in New Mexico were almost anything is legal.I dont care if people call me rice, isn't it just more performance to have straight pipe back(no cat,test pipe or anything) with a ni style muffler?

Comment

i would much rather have you spend the money and buy a real cat back. it would last alot longer

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                Its stainless stell, they do 2,2.5,3 inch. I dont care how loud it is, I live in New Mexico were almost anything is legal.I dont care if people call me rice, isn't it just more performance to have straight pipe back(no cat,test pipe or anything) with a ni style muffler?
                no not unless your bult with high compression if you just get the biggest piping you cand get and run no cat and stuff like that with the stock compression you willl lose back presser and you will lose power

Comment

I plan on getting 2.5 inch piping all the way back, with a n1 muffler at the end. Does anyone have a similiar setup?Would this be ok, I also plan on geting a header 1st.

Comment

yeah thatd be good. i run a N1 at the end of my stock piping with a aftermarket header. it sounds ricey but i love it

however....le popo do not
                    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                    Disregard females, acquire currency
                    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Mines custom. From cat back. If yotu know he does good work go for it. I like how mine is check my sig I have a link to what my exhaust sounds like. I have H22a so i went with 2.5" cat back with ebay N1 muffler at the end.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/kittenrapist

theres a vid of my exhaust on there add me 2 your friends and enjoy le vid
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                        X