Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CAI decision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAI decision...

i hav a 98 h22a4, and currently i hav a Injen CAI... im thnkin about getting the AEM CAI, but is there a difference between them?? more gain frum the AEM one?

... or shuld i juss stay with the Injen CAI?

thanks.

Originally posted by babyface
    i hav a 98 h22a4, and currently i hav a Injen CAI... im thnkin about getting the AEM CAI, but is there a difference between them?? more gain frum the AEM one?

thanks.

no real difference, besides the filter. filter is what matters most

Comment

basically, you're good with what you have. if you made any gains at all, it wouldn't be worth the money you spent on AEM.

Comment

i would just stay with the injen, but thats just me
        Members Ride

Comment

Ebay!!!!

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

alrites, guess i'll juss keep it... thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by babyface

thanks.
              did you get the accord or prelude CAI?

Comment

Spending the extra money to get AEM is a waste to me. I spent over $200 to get the AEM and it was pretty much all wasted. A generic tube with a good filter is a much better investment.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ez8o5
                  did you get the accord or prelude CAI?
                  Yeah, which one do you have? I know there's a difference in sizes and it can have an effect in power also.
                  Last edited by "sleepin"; 02-27-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                    a tubes a tube man
                    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

no matter the size of the tube the air gets in there. really depends on flow and how clean your filter is. your throttle body plays the biggest part. If your tube is bigger than your throttle body you get just as much air but a throatier intake sound. Same size is just as much air with more velocity and a smoother intake sound. A bigger tube has more air present which causes air to move with and against the vacuume creating the same concept of when it thunders. all in all sound is the difference in tubes. The filter is the power maker and taker. But i actually prefer the injen filter.

Bigger tube helps in bottom
                      Smaller helps in top due to a smoother flow into the throttle body
                      vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                        Spending the extra money to get AEM is a waste to me. I spent over $200 to get the AEM and it was pretty much all wasted. A generic tube with a good filter is a much better investment.
                        werd

Comment

am I the only person that uses Weapon R intake?
                          WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

i just ordered a bomz intake seems like a good compromise for those of us who want a "name brand" that u can mention at a show and ppl recognise and not wanting to pay much. it was like 52 bucks and everyone i know has heard of bomz intakes. might have been fake tho.

meh.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Ha ha, I spent 15 Bucks and got my friends old no-name-brand CIA and with a good filter, it's worth the 15 bucks.
                              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Working...
                              X