Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a turbo?

u think it would be alright to turbo charge a jdm f22a motor i just put in they say it has around 45,000 miles on it but who knows run like a chamo how much boost should i run and what not ...?or if u guys even think its a good idea

Run a compression test on the engine first, And its your choice weather to boost or not. But if u do get it tuned really well, even at 8psi u still need good tuning.

Comment

i heard accords can take 30 psi ....go try it

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

haha uhh right my friend fully built supra does that and i dont think thats really a good idea

Comment

stock dont do more than 8psi and get a good tune just to play it safe, those were my plans.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
          Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

If you do the proper maintenance and compression test is good then you can boost it. Make sure no seal leaks and crap like that. You can run up to 10psi daily depending on your tune. Most people run 8psi or so.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_22657
              haha uhh right my friend fully built supra does that and i dont think thats really a good idea
              its called sarcasm.....this kid didn’t even try

his is one of the most lazy posts I’ve seen a while

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

You could run up to 14psi but I wouldn't!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by 90_accord_22657
                  u think it would be alright to turbo charge a jdm f22a motor i just put in they say it has around 45,000 miles on it but who knows run like a chamo how much boost should i run and what not ...?or if u guys even think its a good idea
                  Yes, it'd be alright as long as you tune it good. Like everyone has said about 8psi will be good. And you can of course run lots more if you build the engine up. I say it's a good idea, because everything needs a turbo! lol.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

If you don't have the engine yet, I'd suggest the F22B. d112crzy is hangin with h22's with his f22b. Then you turbo and the things a f'kin beast.

Comment

yeah i got the motor for a local jdm engine dealer and they did a compression and leak down check b4 i bought it new seals and what not ..its already installed

Comment

where do u think i can get a decent kit is anyone selling a good one other than that crap from ebay uh i hate that stuff stay away from ssautochrome

Comment

People have good and bad opinions on SSA personally I know a couple people running there manifolds and havent really had a problem with them yet. But if you worried tried to source a kit out of a DSM which would be the cheapest way but it has everything you ened basically.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X