Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Short ram intake complications..help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short ram intake complications..help??

i ordered some off brand ebay sri and it looked to be pretty legit.

so i take all my stock stuff off, clean out my tb and hook up the tube.

everything fits fine at first, then i notice the nipple for the breather tube

its sitting facing up when it should be sideways...and if i try to connect it with the supplied hose, it just kinks up

theres no way i could rotate it to fix it, either.

shoudl i jsut try a really long tube or something??

another problem is the pipe bends to the point where the air filter would be mounted on top of my battery

i checked everything, he said its for a 93 hodna accord, but this doesnt look good at all

i really dont know what i should do..any suggestions???

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Originally posted by blk93
    i ordered some off brand ebay sri and it looked to be pretty legit.

so i take all my stock stuff off, clean out my tb and hook up the tube.

everything fits fine at first, then i notice the nipple for the breather tube

its sitting facing up when it should be sideways...and if i try to connect it with the supplied hose, it just kinks up

theres no way i could rotate it to fix it, either.

shoudl i jsut try a really long tube or something??

another problem is the pipe bends to the point where the air filter would be mounted on top of my battery

i checked everything, he said its for a 93 hodna accord, but this doesnt look good at all

i really dont know what i should do..any suggestions???
    pictures? as for the hose that they give you just loop it in a circle so that it doesnt kink.

Comment

loop the hose. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

hmm i was thinkig this as a possible fix, but didnt know if length of the breather tube mattered..looks like i gotta go buy some hose now

but my bigger problem is the filter positioning

Comment

bumpity bmp bump

Comment

here are the pics::

notice how extreme of an agle the nipple is at..why couldnt it just have been welded on the side like it needed to be??

dumps the filter right on the battery...this shit is ridiculous..is there something im doing wrong

Comment

desperate bump

Comment

Looks odd, If you have a saw I would say cut the end of the intake at an angle so the filter is able to be straight instead of pointing towards the battery.

Comment

get a dremel and get to work measure it by cutting back some of the piping to where the filter goes onto.

Comment

what you could do is angle it at the TB so that it doesn't sit on the battery..like rotate it a little bit away from the battery, get it where you want, THEN tighten up the tube by the TB

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                    by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Do you have the battery all the way forward on its stand? I had the same problem with mine and all I needed to do was move my battery forward and now if fits like a glove. But then again I have an Optima Red Top so my battery is smaller then yours.

Like was said above may not hurt to take a Dremel to it and grind either your tubing or the battery holder thing (there is probably a more technical term for that) back so that there is enough room for the filter. Cant really tell from the pics but how short are you on space for the filter? Are we talking inches that would need to be chipped away or what? Good Luck. Later

Comment

I cut that metal piece off damn thats a sturdy piece of metal then ran a line directly from VC to intake. Plugged up the other port while i was at it too.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ive considered all of what you guys have said, and thx for the feedback by the way

unfortunately ive found some cons and flaws

if i rotate it towards the breather, the bends of the pipe will aim the filter up into the hood

if i cut it shorter, the filter would be stuck on top of the wires and dizzy area

ill check into the battery situation,..im not sure on that

i think im gonnaloop the breather line and just take it to someone that could just bend the metal a bit more in the direction i need it

Comment

Working...
                          X