Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

clutch came in....pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love not stock clutches lol i am running on centerforce dual friction clutch with bearings, and a cut flywheel. its nice and tight. well i have to bleed it again cuz it went down a little and i have to put synchomesh from gm and then i will be chirping from 2nd and 3rd again

mauricio

Comment

my new stock clutch chirps 2nd easy & my engine isn't completey back up to par
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i chirp second all the time with my shot clutch
        so double for me...lol

but yeah, im gettin it changed this week, i cant wait another week or so.

it slips real bad when i really get on it.

it grinds and sometime when i shift the rpms dont drop, they just stay whereever they were, and the car just drags, then the rpm catches and the car goes again.
        NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

I know what you mean ive had a couple of tranny problems myself man ouch.

Comment

my stock clutch with 158, xxx miles on it, will spin 2nd, and will sometimes chirp 3rd. only caught third on dry pavement about 3 times total
            92 lx
            automatic
            slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

Originally posted by punkrockimport
              my stock clutch with 158, xxx miles on it, will spin 2nd, and will sometimes chirp 3rd. only caught third on dry pavement about 3 times total
              is it your clutch or tires making the noise? either way, you need a new clucth or better tires.

Comment

You aren't going to chirp third unless you are making a lot of power man....even if you can't drive worth a crap and were completely dumping the clutch. If your clutch is that old it's probably what is "chirping" and it'll slip and feel like your tires spinning.

Comment

What is up with your sig theone? I thought you said your g-tech told you you ran something like a mid 14? If so then you definitely already hit a 9 in the 1/8th. Hell I'm there now ... it's not that hard to hit high 9's in the 1/8th dude.

Comment

cant hit it now because of teh clutch, shits slowing me down alot
                    im really tryna get this put on in the next few days

plus i said it to be funny, saying 9's.......then a normal person might say 9's in a 1/4mile, then they read on and see 1/8mile
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

Yeah, I got the joke lol. You will definitely notice a huge difference with the new clutch. My original stock one went out right at 100k. Once I got the new one though it was like a totally different car. All the power you make doesn't matter if you can't get it to the wheels.

Comment

i know right, and thats the thing i fell to realize, i could have and should have been got a performance clutch, but i was like man....
                        it doesnt really matter...but now i kno IT DOES
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

decided to wait for the clutch installment, like 3 weeks or so.
                          gona order me a XACT streetlite flywheel.

midest well do it right or dont do it at all
                          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

i got a proclutch stage 3

i got a pro clutch stage 3 and i only paid 220 for it i chirp 3rd. shit i even made a fireball come out the exhaust the other night going from first to second gears. it was like playing tokyo extreme racing.. stage 3 owns
                            THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

Hey theone, you get the clutch/flywheel in yet? I'm in the process of doing that myself and I'm also going to be running the ACT Streetlite Flywheel. Let me know how the flywheel is doing for you if/when you've got it on.

Comment

stage 3 clutch

i got this setup from proclutch.com i picked it for 280 with the 11.5 flywheel, i got it all back together, but ran in to problems, when in gear the tranny or something makes a growling noise, plus i can't shift into 2,5,R, i checked the linkage and seems alright, any help if appreciated thanks
                                Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X