Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

JSR N1 Exhaust Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSR N1 Exhaust Tip

JSR N1 Style Muffler * NEW *
    * Full Polished Stainless Steel Construction
    * JDM Style Burnt Titanium Tip
    * 2.5" Inlet
    * 3" Tip w/4.25" Diameter Can
    * 4" Tip w/5.50" Diameter Can
    * Silencer Included
    * Universal Fit For All Cars

$75 shipped

Have anyone heard anything good about this? Its the exhaust that jdmshit.com is sellin. If not then what do you guys think about em and which one is best to buy based on description.
    My 1993 LX

Pictures? Ive herad some of there products used on HT and no complaints from anyone.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

why would you buy an exhaust tip or even just a muffler? unless you already upgraded your piping, buy a full catback. custom or prefabbed.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The piping can be done there are tons of muffler installation shops in NYC ...Im concerned in getting something that provides good appearance and performance and fits in with my budget. Any difference in cost can be put aside for other mods.
        My 1993 LX

Comment

There you go Nails. Thanks for the response.
          My 1993 LX

Comment

ok, good. I was just letting you know that its retarded to only buy a muffler or tip.

I didnt know whether you were gona do that or get a custom cat back.

custom is the way to go. as far as performance, with these straight through mufflers, threyre all the same shit. hardly any differenes between them, if any. the biggest difference id say is the quality.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for not stating the custom piping part. But any recommendations in the custom piping. Any slanting of any sort? And which muffler should I go for? 5" diameter can or the other.
              My 1993 LX

Comment

the cans dont matter. its all personal preference. if you like your car to look like you mounted a folgers can on the tip of your muffler, then go for it. lol. i'd go with a smaller, or id try to get an oval, stock looking muffler. like one from magnaflow or something.

piping, just use 2.5". get a resonator and a high flow cat(catco and magnaflow are the only ones i know of)

what do you mean by slanting? when you go to your muffler shop, just tell them to bend all the pipes to match the stock one.

Comment

forget it ...im guessing that its an personal appearance thing. But thanks for the advice. See if i place an order sometime soon. I heard Kteller.com is a good site to get resonators and HF cats from
                  My 1993 LX

Comment

oh and drop by my members ride page, just click on link below so that you can get an idea what im rolling with.
                    My 1993 LX

Comment

i really like the huge can ...i just really hope it sounds good
                      My 1993 LX

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                        the cans dont matter. its all personal preference. if you like your car to look like you mounted a folgers can on the tip of your muffler, then go for it. lol. i'd go with a smaller, or id try to get an oval, stock looking muffler. like one from magnaflow or something.

piping, just use 2.5". get a resonator and a high flow cat(catco and magnaflow are the only ones i know of)

what do you mean by slanting? when you go to your muffler shop, just tell them to bend all the pipes to match the stock one.
                        2.5's too big for a NA F series IMO. I'd stick with 2.25"...most catbacks for the Accords are 60 mm piping which is like 2.34".

He meant the angled exhaust like you see on Civics and what not.

Comment

isnt it true that best performance is built in exhaust with bigger inlet. I mean an NA is a 2.5" inlet. I wouldnt go for a 3" if i know i have to go for a 2.5"
                          My 1993 LX

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            2.5's too big for a NA F series IMO. I'd stick with 2.25"...most catbacks for the Accords are 60 mm piping which is like 2.34".

He meant the angled exhaust like you see on Civics and what not.
                            what do you mean by NA?

NA to me is what cisco is doing on his white project. mild na build is what he did on his red. in either one, 2.5" would be best.

even on h22's, 2.5" is a bit small once they start getting modded atleast.

2.5" is good, especially if you're going to do some good modding later on.

going from stock to 2.5" wont be too much of a differnce. I have experienced this on a d16. my friend got a custom 2.5" catback and it felt a little bit more laggy than stock(as in less bottom end). in an f22, its not gona make that much of a differnce either. hell, i didnt notice much when i went from my stock piping to 2.5" on my f22b dohc, exept I got a bit more top end, my butt dyno didnt see any difference down low.
                            Last edited by d112crzy; 10-12-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

what do you mean by laggy?
                              My 1993 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X