Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

EX intake manifold on DX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EX intake manifold on DX?

I've read that the reason the later Accord EXs put out 140hp instead of the 125-130 that the others did was because of a "two stage intake manifold"? Would bolting one of those up to my 90 DX do any good?
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

anyone have ANY idea what kind of increase to expect? keep in mind that I already have a header and full exhaust, so that might help get the most out of it.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

At least a few hp. Youll probably notice a little more torque, too.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

ive been wonderin this to, and how do u go about installing it, and what else is the work
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=104311]
        my members page
        my myspace
        my car domain

Comment

Searchyrooooo----- there is a DIY on it... F22a6 Intake Manifold Swap.
          Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Check the link in my sig. You will see my FS thread with the DIY link in to install these items.
            WTB - IACV for H22a4.

FS: 1993 CB9 w/H22a4 and much, much more.

PM or email with inquiries.
            Vouch Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Torqstr
              I've read that the reason the later Accord EXs put out 140hp instead of the 125-130 that the others did was because of a "two stage intake manifold"? Would bolting one of those up to my 90 DX do any good?

Along with the ECU, Headers and Intake Mani, the F22A6 benifits for a slightly more agressive cam as well. You could do the A6 cam swap, as well as a Hybrid intake mani. The lower runners from the A6 and the plenum from the H23. That will kick it up a notch. Just do a search as there is already a trhead on how to do this. It's alot easier than doing the H23 intake swap.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

The a6 even responds to the H series plenum or the whole H23 IM, so your a1 will DEF. benefit greatly. I'd suggest just going straight to the H23 IM or the H series plenum on the a6 runners.

Comment

I would go straight to the H23 mani...with a tubular header your car will feel totally different. I felt a huge diff. just going from the A6 to H23 plenum.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well since some people say the best gains come from an H23 manifold, what about an aftermarket H23 manifold, like an OBX? Would it be direct bolt on? And would it be even better than a stock H23 mani?

Comment

so the H23 mani just bolts up to our heads?

Comment

Right the H23 mani bolts up. Check this thread for more info and how to do it.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ntake+manifold

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                        X