Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

is 5-6 pound boost safe for H22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is 5-6 pound boost safe for H22?

okay you guys lets not get to technical and lets not talk about resleeving because I'm not talking about boosting more than 6 lbs. this is a yes or no question. is it safe enough to boost an stock internal h22. I am not a weekend street racer, I'm a family man that just loves the sound of the blow off valve only 6 lbs of boost. I know thats its high comp. I JUST WANT BOOST!

Whats the point if your running 6lbs and didnt your car overheat??? If you plan to keep it family and streetable keep it that way if not just buy something with already a turbo.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Whats the point if your running 6lbs and didnt your car overheat??? If you plan to keep it family and streetable keep it that way if not just buy something with already a turbo.
      x2

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

lol, I see you still remember the stupid story I posted. I found the reason why I was leaking coolant, I had a 1 inch tear on the radiator hose that I didnt spot before because of the steel brading, I would buy something with a turbo but but that just defeats the element of surprise to a unsuspecting cocky teenager in a ford focus

Comment

you should be able to run over a focus with an auto h22a. Reason why I bring up that stupid story is because you want to turbo right after your engine was overheating which is up to you but not the smartest thing to do. And plus you have an auto trans running a turbo is eventually gonna eat it up slowly depending on how you drive so yea.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you should be able to run over a focus with an auto h22a. Reason why I bring up that stupid story is because you want to turbo right after your engine was overheating which is up to you but not the smartest thing to do. And plus you have an auto trans running a turbo is eventually gonna eat it up slowly depending on how you drive so yea.
            huh! auto,lol brutha I have a 5 speed. who told you I have auto? but anyways my engine and tranny is in pefect condition only 40k miles on them form japan and they are well taken car of. as you can see!

Comment

only 40k miles on them??? how do u know that for sure????

can u please tell me how many miles are on MY JDM engine??
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Ahh I get confused every now and then. Do a compression test and go from there. Personally 5-6 psi isnt much and depending on what setup and size of turbo you plan to do you might be able to reach it with an all motor h22a.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                  You dont they just advertise it like that lol. I never got paper work with mine so all I know I coulda had like 90000 miles on my h22a lol but when I pulled everything off it was clean so dunno. Everything looked like it was still in tact and well maintained.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You dont they just advertise it like that lol. I never got paper work with mine so all I know I coulda had like 90000 miles on my h22a lol but when I pulled everything off it was clean so dunno. Everything looked like it was still in tact and well maintained.
                    mine came in clean like it just came out of the factory also. but since I checked the date on when my engine was manufactured its safe to say its average is around 30-40K . you guys do know how to check the date when your engine was made right?

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83

can u please tell me how many miles are on MY JDM engine??
                      do you know how to check when your engine left the factory?

Comment

since you have a h22 also just wondering if youve been able to hang with a 05 mustang gt.

Comment

Havent raced one yet so cant say anything about em. Im still waitin on a new map for my h22a and I think the post office jacked my mail. So yea its ***. But If I raced one prob wouldnt hang to well and Im not gonna bench race so I will see whenever I have the chance to race one.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Havent raced one yet so cant say anything about em. Im still waitin on a new map for my h22a and I think the post office jacked my mail. So yea its ***. But If I raced one prob wouldnt hang to well and Im not gonna bench race so I will see whenever I have the chance to race one.
                            well, since youve seen preaty much my mods and since i've raced one before, youll be surprised how well you'll hang with one but 1st gear youll think that the stang will kill you bad but wait till 3rd gear that is if the stang is stock gt.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpnoyracer
                              do you know how to check when your engine left the factory?

umm yeah the year is stamped on the block. i was being sarcastic earlier. i know JDM importers advertise the 30-40k miles on their engines.

how does checking the date prove u have 30-40k miles on it? the average person drives 10k miles a year. so what year is ur motor?? im confused here.....sorry
                              Last edited by SMseagren83; 09-30-2006, 01:50 AM.
                              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Working...
                              X