Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions...

Ok i am in the process of fixing my motor. I am going to swap out my tranny for an h23 tranny, changing spark plugs, and was thinking of getting pistons. I was thinking of getting h22 or h23 pistons for my f22a6. Would i need to get better valves for that? I read that h22 or h23 pistons would increase the compression to 13:1. Would this cause any problems with my stock head? Would I feel a difference in power? If so, and if i get pistons, im going to balance my block and see how it runs. Im going to try things out on the f22a6 before i get an h22 so when i do get it, i build it up a bit before putting it in my car.

This is Myspace

Originally posted by Frost_CB7
    Ok i am in the process of fixing my motor. I am going to swap out my tranny for an h23 tranny, changing spark plugs, and was thinking of getting pistons. I was thinking of getting h22 or h23 pistons for my f22a6. Would i need to get better valves for that? I read that h22 or h23 pistons would increase the compression to 13:1. Would this cause any problems with my stock head? Would I feel a difference in power? If so, and if i get pistons, im going to balance my block and see how it runs. Im going to try things out on the f22a6 before i get an h22 so when i do get it, i build it up a bit before putting it in my car.
    You will have to run racing gas for that high compression, unless you want regular gas, then you need to keep your compression lower.

Comment

wow that's alot........the h23 tranny dosen't bolt right up the the f22aX block. you have to do a lil extra work to bolt it on.
      if you use h23 piston you comp would be the same as an h23. f22 and h23 use the same crank and rods. if you used h22 pistons your comp. would most likely be in the 11:1 range, unless you were using type s piston then it would be in the 12:1 range. but you would need some work done to put the h22 pistons on the f22 rods, and you would also need new sleeves for the block. you wouldn't need race gas, the eng would need to be tuned to run on the highest pump gas you city has to offer.

you seem kind of new.....so maybe you should learn a lil more before you try and pull something off like this.

Comment

I do not know about swapping the internals out and which is interchangeable. I would think the h22a stroke is slightly shorter but you never know theres a sticky around the forum with all the sizes of the pistons and such. I dunno about it giving you that much compression the type S pistons barely give the h22a 11:1 compression. 11.5:1 to 12:1 Compression is max you wanna run on street thats just me though to be safe. H23 will bolt on you just need to tap two holes like the h22 trans. I dont remember having to modify anything else.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

h pistons are 2mm bigger
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=54030
          Last edited by sulimed; 09-22-2006, 08:25 PM.

Comment

h23 or h22 pistons are 87mm bore and f22ax block is 85mm bore. The f22ax can go up to 86mm bore max! You'd have to sleeve your block and that's expensive
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

cool. thanks for your replies guys.

This is Myspace

Comment

Working...
              X