Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Best Performance Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Performance Gas

alright i would want to know which gas i would need to get the best performance out of my stock 92 accord engine

regular

premium

supreme
    Everything done on this baby is all by me, NOT one thing done by a shop or store

My myspace hit me up

don't waste your money on gas on a low compression engine, well if its a f22, just stick to 87. 89, and 91 or 93 won't do much on f22ax
    Last edited by blackcb7; 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM.
    Members Ride

Comment

Performance gas? WTF do you also buy performance washer fluid?

Use 87 octane, it is the best for our low compression engines.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

completely stock, no mods, not even i/h/e, yea run mid-grade, i've noticed that lowest octane starts making the car weird, so mids will work, ur compression isnt high, ur not runnin boost, and ur not on the bottle so ur have absolutely no need for performance fuel. performance fuel is to fight detonation(sp??)
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

just run 87...no need to run premium if you dont need the extra octane, save a couple bucks here and there~
          justin
          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

If your car is tuned up, but you're running 89, go back to 87. It may take a tank or two before everything is totally smooth again. There's no power increase by using a higher octane fuel.

Comment

lol. Defently no POWER IN BETTER GAS. 2nd time i heard that. Cuz someone i know. Thought that the better the gas the better the car will take off. LOL

So for instant . Diesel. it's gonna give u 10-15 increase in hp . LOL
              91 Accord EX (Fresh Look STOCK)
              BIG PLANS on THIS!!!!

9-12-05 - On

Comment

it only makes a difference if you have higher compression or if you have done some mods.

although, when i had my f22a, i did notice I got better gas mileage with mid grade gas. thta was due to the better burn, but it was only a couple miles more per gallon, not really worth the extra 10cents per gallon imo.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

It will do nothing, regular is fine.

Octane is a rating that is given to gasoline on its ability to prevent detonation.

Comment

I used to run 87, but since the gas prices are down, I advanced my timing even more and run 89 now.

Comment

i experience better MPG using 89 from Chervon...i always use chrevon since its close to my house...

Comment

Use 87/89. I ran 89 on my a6. POintless to go any higher. And no performance gains from gas on a stock engine.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i run 91.....with my headswap
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what leval octane should we use if we got an h22?

Comment

91 also when you advance your timing quite a bit. Helps the pinging..

Comment

Working...
                              X