Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust is too quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my lil brother can get oyu them for 320 shipped i htink for the 16" c8s hit me up on AIM or PM or e-mail
    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
      I always wondered if anyone had any hard core proof on the old backpressure-leave-in-silencer thing? Do you know of any dynos? or 1/4 mile times? thanksz
      no sorry, but i guarantee it does make a difference. i bought a 4" dual canister muffler and i didnt really pay attention to the difference it made, i just wanted it cause it looked nice. after a month or so, it was too damn loud and i was sick of it so i bought a pair of silencers. the next time, after installation, that i took it out, i felt a big difference on the take off. my car used to be a weak a/t, and i never neutral dropped or used any bs a/t launching technique. i felt a difference between 0-3k. other than that, in the higher rpm range i couldnt tell a difference. supposedly it hurt a little, but its not like the accord needs alot of breathing room.

but its all up to you, some folks like that loud crap. but i personally will never make my car look or sound faster than it is.

Comment

yo sparkle i got mine from machii.net. Jaydm didnt have to color i wanted. i paid 500 shipped
        cb7 sold
        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          no sorry, but i guarantee it does make a difference. i bought a 4" dual canister muffler and i didnt really pay attention to the difference it made, i just wanted it cause it looked nice. after a month or so, it was too damn loud and i was sick of it so i bought a pair of silencers. the next time, after installation, that i took it out, i felt a big difference on the take off. my car used to be a weak a/t, and i never neutral dropped or used any bs a/t launching technique. i felt a difference between 0-3k. other than that, in the higher rpm range i couldnt tell a difference. supposedly it hurt a little, but its not like the accord needs alot of breathing room.

but its all up to you, some folks like that loud crap. but i personally will never make my car look or sound faster than it is.
          hmm, well...it makes sense completely, I just wish you/or someone else had a dyno/time slip to prove it. I'll tell you though, when I pull the silencer out, i definitely feel a loss of power off the line. Thanks for your input.
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

When i receive deevergotes gtech, i will do tests with and without the silencer.

Comment

that will help with the 1/4 issue, but it wont help much with the hp #'s... it only shows peak, but a good peak means nothing without midrange.

Comment

Yeah i know, i am only using it for the 1/4.

Comment

Working...
                X