Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Short ram vs. CAI...my take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well. my environment settled this debate for me. i live in FL. too much rain to be using a CAI IMO.
    also, i love my little short ram.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      most people dont though
      Well that's just dumb, and personally.... I've never met anyone not running some type of a filter, velocity stack or not. This is what I was refering to:

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

^^^That's hot[/paris hilton]

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          well i gotta disagree with everyone here, sorta. the BEST intake, that ive seen proof of, is a sri+vstack. more low/midrange and very little lost topend.

as you guys say... vstack FTW
          they are selling velocity stacks on H-T for 50 bucks now.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well my boy made a different kinda velocity stack. On some home made shit he took some of that uhhh kitchin expandable slinky type aluminum piping where you can wrap shit around to make it flex the way you want and then put the bugle horn at the end of it outside the bumper after he cut a hole out for it. strange.

Comment

IMO the best setup will be a short ram piping with S&B filter. they have velocity stack collector

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-B-P...QQcmdZViewItem
              My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

Comment

thats exactly what i was talking about. btw, thats a vstack from prototype racing. the one below is from turbohoses.

thanks for the pic ben

Comment

I went from a short ram to a cold air and probably won't go back. My SRI was a 3" one with a generic filter. I went to an AEM CAI with a small K&N filter and did notice a difference.

I find myself liking the muted sound a little more. I don't feel like I've lost much in the low end (as my car bogs off idle to begin with...), but the top end feels MUCH stronger.

Honestly though I think either system will work really well as long as you're using quality parts.

Comment

Found a good source for the VS/Filter combo on:

http://www.pitcrewmotorsports.com/sh...ducts_id=20657

at

http://www.pitcrewmotorsports.com/shop/
                    Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 07-27-2006, 11:19 AM.
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                      sick... thanks. ive always had trouble getting ahold of the guy at prototype. that was initially why i went with the turbohoses vs. ill probably be picking one up for the tl.

Comment

HKS

Comment

starkrice is that an H22 sitting in there still? for the F22A1? cause i have a cone filter and such but dunno if it makes a large diff if i just use the regular tubing
                          1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                          Originally posted by yeamans17
                          you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

modded hood with hole above sri ftw?
                            uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sirs1ayer
                              modded hood with hole above sri ftw?
                              That's the only way to go. With the weather cooling down though the CAI has gained favor with me.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X