Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Short ram vs. CAI...my take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, you were also testing this in the 90 degree 100% humidity?
    You're not going to notice a difference in weather like this. The heat is everywhere. Maybe if it was winter the cold air intake would have been more noticeable.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
      Dude, you were also testing this in the 90 degree 100% humidity?
      You're not going to notice a difference in weather like this. The heat is everywhere. Maybe if it was winter the cold air intake would have been more noticeable.
      There is no way underhood air could be cooler than air right outside the fender...there had to be other things at play here.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i always thought cai were slightly better cuz they sucked air thats flowing up from the ground into the filter as opposed to sucking the air flowing around your engine bay...and i'd think air flowing towards the intake at high rates of speed would be colder than the air in the bay..?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

*add-on* ..and i always figured SRI's were good for lowend pull, but not topend...and CAI's were good for that topend and more performance tuned...i didnt get/dont like CAI's cuz of the whole rain/puddle/water-in-the-intake thing...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Well i put my shortyram on im more menacing.

Comment

x2..my friend with the belt-displaying tires..2000 accord 2dr(sohc vtec) his shit sounded MEAN!! all he had was the SRI and you could hear him down the street!

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                Well i put my shortyram on im more menacing.
                lol, menacing...
                Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

yeah...ya know...like Dennis....

Comment

well i gotta disagree with everyone here, sorta. the BEST intake, that ive seen proof of, is a sri+vstack. more low/midrange and very little lost topend.

as you guys say... vstack FTW

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                      well i gotta disagree with everyone here, sorta. the BEST intake, that ive seen proof of, is a sri+vstack. more low/midrange and very little lost topend.

as you guys say... vstack FTW
                      the vstack is good but im not the one to be driving and that shit sucks up the water or bugs up in my intake manifold its just not worth it filter on the shortyram

Comment

the vstack is good but im not the one to be driving and that shit sucks up the water or bugs up in my intake manifold its just not worth it filter on the shortyram
                        He's refering to a short ram, with a VS. Water? Bugs? I guess I can't understand what exactly it is that you're trying to say.....

I'm going to go with the SRI w/velocity stack FTW. Sounds like a great combo to me..... Like, coffee and doughnuts or cake and icecream perhaps.
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                          He's refering to a short ram, with a VS. Water? Bugs? I guess I can't understand what exactly it is that you're trying to say.....

I'm going to go with the SRI w/velocity stack FTW. Sounds like a great combo to me..... Like, coffee and doughnuts or cake and icecream perhaps.
                          no maroon wake up im talkin about the velocitystack. looks like you definitely need coffee lol

Comment

ehh I have never have had a cai and to be honest I never do they can suck up water and then your engine is screwed It doesnt have the throttle pick up like a SRI. When I had my sr it was really good it had good throttle response made a nice growl and gave me better fuel economy. Currently Im running a stock air box that has no resonator and no duct pipes and I have a Fram Air hog on it and I think Its as good as my intake except with this it gives it a stock look

Comment

well if you run a huge filter over the stack, then you dont have to worry about debris.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                                well if you run a huge filter over the stack, then you dont have to worry about debris.
                                most people dont though

Comment

Working...
                                X