Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Pretty much stock dyno results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much stock dyno results...

Well I got a chance to dyno my car in this class I'm in right now in school and got some interesting results...
    I got a 92 ex, f22a6, ecu doesnt send out the ground for the iab's, so i have them on a switch.... basic intake, ebay header, stock cat, magnaflow cat back... and automatic

Now the first run I did in 2nd and with the iab's off, that was the 107, then turned em on at 4500 and made 113 in 2nd again... so that was 6 whp purely cause of the iab's, the torque didnt change....
    The other 3 where in 3rd, which was a little harder just because I had to roll into it a lot more so it wouldn't downshift... they were all with the iab's on...
    What do you guys think? 172k on it, automatic, good numbers?

i thought you are suppsoed to do them in 4th?

anyways, 121 aint bad. you figure the 140hp x 15% powerloss= somewhere around your figureres and then some.

so the mods actually do helkp
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

its a four speed automatic. Your best bet is to try to get it in third or second. Fourth would take forever and it would keep on downshifting.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

15% power loss? From what? AT and all that?
        Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

140 to the crank. then the 15 percent power loss is aproximate to the wheels

Comment

dayum i never thought to think about the powerloss at the wheels.. that sux. but it makes more sense why my car doesnt always feel as strong as it should... i should just go get it dyno'd to see what im working with so far.. ive never done it before and the one chance i had to do it, i didnt have the cash. it wouldve been 60 bucks.

how much does it cost to get a dyno done usually?

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Depends on where you go. SOmetimes they have deals. Ive seen them go for 100-150 an hour if not more or less. If you wanna run your car i think its cheaper than that.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                its a four speed automatic. Your best bet is to try to get it in third or second. Fourth would take forever and it would keep on downshifting.
                my bad, forgot it was an auto
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah the slushbox sucks... I have all the 5 speed swap parts, but I'm waiting to move home to finally swap it over.... I got 5 pulls at school, that was a sweet deal, I just wish I was boosted already cause that would have been worth its weight in gold...
                  I figure 121 and 121 isnt too bad, see how she does under boost =D

Comment

Working...
                  X