Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust: Cost vs. Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust: Cost vs. Power

Hi Everyone...

Just have a question on exhaust. I bought muffler a few weeks ago...its ATX's old one. I went to the local place to see how much it would be to put on. I was quoted at least one hour of labor plus any parts needed. I'm thinking this is gonna run me between 60-80 considering I have a stock offset inlet muffler, and I might need to have the pipes bent to do a center inlet muffler. I was wondering roughly how much more it would cost to have a shop just bend me 2.25 catback rather than using the stock size exhaust. It would also solve the offset issue. I was wondering basically if for what I'd pay to have that muffler put on whether it would be financially better just to have new pipes put on to fully benefit the new muffler. I think if it was 100 more or less I might be interested, but I'm not sure. I was just looking into different options. I mean eventually I'm gonna change out the exhaust with a full catback system, I just didn't know if this might be a cheaper solution for now. I believe I have 1 7/8th on there now (stupid parental unit making me go to stupid midas when my exhaust fell off rather than letting me order real exhaust)

id say about 1-150 + the 60-80

Comment

i got an offer from a local muffler shop of any piping diameter i wanted, crush bent cat back for $125 out the door. I'd have to supply my own muffler and cat tho. Not a bad deal but i'm not sure about the crush bent crap. Search around your town and see if u can't find someone who does mandrel bends...they are very hard to find
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yea i paid 140 for my crush bent 2.5 a year ago.
        cb7 sold
        2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
        95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

need feedback on what u think about ur crush bent stuff.
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

well right now if your car is mostly stock you probably wont benefit much from changing the diameter of the piping. If your worried about money just have them put the muffler on and somewhere down the road change the diameter of the piping when your car really needs it. The muffler alone does seem to help on my car.
            R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
            My members ride page
            Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

crushed bent

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Down here where i live its 75 for the piping bro=

Comment

when i bought my car, the previous owner already had 2.25 piping ran, but still with a stock muffler. to have my carbon fiber muffler put on at a shop in my town called mikes muffler, my bill came out to be 20 bucks. so to pay 80 just to have a muffler put on, is kinda ridiculous sounding to me, but im not sure how much it costs to have the full piping ran.
                  92 lx
                  automatic
                  slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

i only paid $50 for my 2.25 and its the cat back, they cut out the front resonator and put in a straight pipe as well
                    JDM H22a
                    P2T4 tranny
                    I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                    custom short throw shifter
                    Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                    Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                    Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

Working...
                    X