Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

help me choose a muffler!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me choose a muffler!

whats up everyone. my buddy who works at an exhaust shop is gonna do my cat back 2.25 for 75$. I just need to bring the muffler. the problem is in my town muffler tickets is all of the cops fettishes lol. anyway the muffler has to be simi-quite and deeper sounding, and stockish looking in apperance.

my car has the stock ex header, ebay high flow cat(that i got from a friend of mine).

so help me not get pulled over every 20 mins.

thanks everyone.
    Buy From
    http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

unversal APEXi WS2 muffler is your answer
    The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
    Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
    Check out my JDM F22B swap
    Watch my CB7 video

Comment

You need to install a new mid-pipe resonator, and a decent muffler.... like a magnaflow piece. You can use a 4" round muffler for the resonator, avoid using a glass-pack.
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Just get the world sport 2 catback exhaust
        420 shipped

Comment

Cherry bomb FTW!! j/p go with Greddy Sp catback

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Just get the world sport 2 catback exhaust
            420 shipped
            WOW U THINK U R ON CRACK he just said he could get it done for $75 and youer gonna go say ya spend 420 lol muffler's u can get em for like $80 so like 155 to 420 yeeeaaa

Comment

get a magna flow resinator and muffler

if u want it real quite just a real long resinator

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                unversal APEXi WS2 muffler is your answer

Agree'd!

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
                ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

thanks for all the answeres everyone. ill let u guys know when i make me choice

llater
                  Buy From

Comment

keyword resonator
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.magnaflow.com/
                      1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                      2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                      3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                      4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                      5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

thanks again everyone for the answers, is there a certine muffler from borla that anyone reccomends?

llater
                        Buy From

Comment

obx twin loop . doesnt really matter which muffler you get, if you dont want it to be loud, get a long resonator. 26" should be fine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

maxwell house anyone?

i personally got tired of hearing folks say.."your exhaust sounds like a coffee can". so i took a hazelnut can of maxwell house, and cut a 2.5" hole in the bottom. then i welded it to some 2.5 inch pipe. and the cool part is i can use the plastic lid as a silencer, cuz all i have to do is cut a 2" hole with a box-cutter.

regards x

btw everyone i was kidding

Comment

QUICK FIX...kinda

go to your nearest junk yard and get a hold of a Honda V6 muffler. Either the 2000+ Accord/odyssey/ or even the Pilot or Ridgeline.
                              They breath very well and are still quiet.
                              Oh and also get a resonator...what ever suites u....
                              This is a chop job, so get a good muffler guy. New hangers will have to be welded on.

...I didn't say it was easy

Have fun.
                              Last edited by lokuputha; 07-20-2006, 11:23 PM.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X