Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my exhaust plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my exhaust plans

this is just a list of what i think i will want to get in the (near) future...

4-2-1 header, maybe DC
    jdmcarboy twinloop muffler
    2.25" mandrel bent piping
    some cat (carsound?)
    some resonator (???)

with a resonator on, would this setup sound pretty nice? mean and growling at WOT, yet subtle at idle is what i'm looking for, and no raspiness.

any suggestions on anything would be greatly appreciated

Magnaflow comes to mind for the resonator and the cat.... Using a 4" resonator (mid-muffler) with a long length will tone down the raspiness and it'll still sound great at WOT. I am also planning on fabbing my own catback in the future...... when the finances allow.

Mid-Muffler
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yea it's magnaflow carsound right? do they run around $60 shipped??

Comment

Not sure on the price, sounds about right. Get stainless now, and it'll last forever.....
        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
          Not sure on the price, sounds about right. Get stainless now, and it'll last forever.....
          yup, everything will be SS

Comment

how much am i looking at, including an install...?

the twinloop is $100 shipped i think
            a header i'm thinking between $75 and up+++
            cat and resonator are around $50 a piece

that's already almost $300... not including piping and install labor.

how much is 2.25 mandrel piping?

would i be better off buying a WS2 or RS*r (did they discontinue this???) ?

Comment

bump, anyone ^^^^?

Comment

i dont think you will get a header for only $75....unless you get one off of ebay...but i hear those are cheaply made and crack....a WS2 only cost what?? $400?

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

well... there's now a leak in my stock crap exhaust. i think it's coming from the first gasket coming from the muffler. it's rusted to shit and sounds like that is where it's leaking.

i wonder if this should be the time to do all my exhaust ?

Comment

alright it's almost settled, i'm upgrading my stock restrictive exhaust to a SS system. here's my estimates:

jdmcarboy twinloop - $100 shipped
                    kteller 2.25" SS cat-back piping - $215 + shipping
                    magnaflow resonator 4"-round 22"-body - $66 shipped
                    labor - soon

is there anywhere else i can get piping for cheaper then kteller? i want 2.25" stainless steel mandrel bent piping. also, the resonator will need to be welded on between piping, correct?

edit:

this was on eBay...
                    http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...f_round_22.jpg

now, is that a resonator? the decription says "Magnaflow Universal Muffler"
                    Last edited by eriemoto.; 07-03-2006, 12:26 PM.

Comment

if your going to get your exhaust done id most deffinatly recomend getting header back. becuase my stock exhuast just rusted completely off right befor that cat the other day and i barly feel any performance so i dought youl feel much of any power increase at all from just a catback system.....unless your plan is just too spend 400 dollors to make your car sound cool

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                        if your going to get your exhaust done id most deffinatly recomend getting header back. becuase my stock exhuast just rusted completely off right befor that cat the other day and i barly feel any performance so i dought youl feel much of any power increase at all from just a catback system.....unless your plan is just too spend 400 dollors to make your car sound cool
                        i will be getting a header + downpipe sometime down the road. it's just too much to get all at once right now. my header->cat still looks like it's in decent condition. i will deal with it when the money pulls in

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                          i will be getting a header + downpipe sometime down the road. it's just too much to get all at once right now. my header->cat still looks like it's in decent condition. i will deal with it when the money pulls in
                          understandable

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

dumb question...

if i get 2.25" piping up to the stock cat, how will it bolt onto the cat outlet? will it be welded to fit?

Comment

If it's made for the 90-93 accord I think it should just bolt right up. Otherwise, welding will have to be performed.
                              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X