Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Questions on Tuning all types of shiznits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Tuning all types of shiznits

Ok i wanna tune my car but as you all know im limited to alot, im not allowed to change anything so cai is outta question. i modded my stock intake so its louder and more performance, that way my dad wont kno i did shit, but neway what other stuff like. tweaking that i can do. like ima start using premium fuel instead of midgrade and lowgrade, cus i want performance racer brrrrrrrrrr. haha,. so like tuning idle? advance the timing? tuning ignition i dunno im a newb any ideas and diy info would be tizight.
    Last edited by xplode; 09-06-2003, 11:26 AM.

Fizzbob: What ya mean not alot of stock potential in heads? You're talking about the cyl. head right? Do you mean nothing to benefit from mild port/polish?

Elaborate por favor. Gracias.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Question related to this topic, started by xplode.

If basic bolt-ons like AEM short ram intake (daily driver, father may drive it as well....I don't expect him to clean CAI filter...heard they get dirty quickly) and exhaust system were done...maybe DC 4-2-1 header if stock were corroded badly enough. The stock fuel pressure regulator & stock ECU would automatically adjust the fuel appropriately, correct? I'm pretty sure that's the case, now would advancing the timing help too? Any other Hondas have a camshaft that'd fit into a 4th gen Accord with performance oriented profile? eh, too many questions...maybe I should take this route and fly with it...prolly only way I can satisfy this urge to modify at the moment....have the bug man. Can't help it.

You and I are in similar situations & your in Michigan as well. I think what we need to do is look into EBAY and junkyards or deals from peeps, friends... I hear from co-workers some near where I work that have some imports...and Accords are fairly abundant. We can look for parts of newer Accords or other Hondas that basically bolt right up but are better. Example...someone mentioned that a newer Accord I believe had a better, larger throttle body...so port matchin it to a EX/SE with the 2ndary butterfiles on the intake manifold would produce some gains along with AEM short ram intake & exhaust, maybe even header. If your dad is anal about aftermarket....what i'm sayin is how would he know the diff if you put an EX/SE header (better flow) in your LX? It's possibly to work around it....or a rear disc conversion from an SE or 2.3L CL I think that's right...post about that somewhere on here.

Comment

Re: Questions on Tuning all types of shiznits

Originally posted by xplode
        Ok i wanna tune my car but as you all know im limited to alot, im not allowed to change anything so cai is outta question. i modded my stock intake so its louder and more performance, that way my dad wont kno i did shit, but neway what other stuff like. tweaking that i can do. like ima start using premium fuel instead of midgrade and lowgrade, cus i want performance racer brrrrrrrrrr. haha,. so like tuning idle? advance the timing? tuning ignition i dunno im a newb any ideas and diy info would be tizight.
        first of all....don't START using the premium fuel. since your engine was originally rated for 86 octane it can tolerate that low number which is better for your wallet. the "premeium" is actually a misnomer ot make people think that it will make their cars run better. in reality, all octane does is measure how hard it is to ignite the fuel. so if your motor is made to run on lower octane, then you're just gonna have a lot more unburnt fuel....meaning slightly less power. if you want some proof, car and driver did a dyno on a stock 6gen accord v6 (a much higher performance car than any stock i4 accord). the dynos showed WORSE performance using the higher octanes.

now....if you want some power, work your way from the inside. you can always get yourself a performance cam kit and change up the valvetrain. then electronic tuning would be good too. i'd recommend upgrading your ecu to a civic ex ecu (if you have vtec) and getting a hondata chip for it. you can get the drop in k&n filter too for some more hidden upgrades
        My reality is greater than the sum of its parts...

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          but if you're trying to do mods that your dad won't catch, you're gonna be hard pressed to get power from it.....isn't that what your main objective is, to keep him from finding out you've modified it while modifying it?

isn't that what the above means?
          word lyfe....modifying the internals won't help much unless you get the needed airflow in and out of the engine since the f22 is already *bad* air-flowing motor compared to the h-series motor...but if you want some undercover umph, that's pretty much the only way to do it hahaha

Comment

probably the only thing u can do is get the car to preform the way it should. cleaning out all the components...intake and such to get it to run correctly. u cant really gain power by doing nothing...but u can re-gain lost power.

i agree with ultra though....high performance gas is a waste...and ur not running high compression so u wotn need it. its debatable..some say it gives u more power and runs cleaner....it may run cleaner but it may not give u more power (i think someone did a dyno test to prove it before). waste of cash

maybe if u up the timming u can get a little more out of ur car...but then iono too much stuff to deal with.

in cali here...im the quickest 4th gen. i can go up against a 4th gen with like intake and exaust....maybe headers as well. but thats cause the car is running like IT SHOULD....others dont really care and just bolt on things and think they will go faster, but they havent gained the lost power....thats why im in front of them.

hehe if nothing, just be clean....its a mod within itself "accordtunerx"
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              in cali here...im the quickest 4th gen. i can go up against a 4th gen with like intake and exaust....maybe headers as well.
              i wouldn't say you're the quickest 4gen in cali.....bisi's got a sohc accord running some QUICK times....i think high 13's it was? i don't remember....i also know a LOT of 4gen h22 accords down in my area

lol not to slam a moderator or anything i just didn't know if you *REALLY* meant what you said hahahaha

Comment

smart NOOB.. .lol jK....hehe fine in my class....in sacramento!

i played with some si's and others...got my title on a platter haha. funnie though...

but here i own 5th gen's...some...damn v6's, civics...lightly modded (those dudes are slow)....iono

ill stop racing

i run 14.5...LOLZ 1/8 mile JK...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Performance cam kits for the Accord would be who? So far I've heard Gude sucks & few other have had custom ones ground up.

thanks.

Comment

AEM performance cams i hear are nice. btw i was not able to get onlnine now that my comp is back ima get back into the discuzzionZ!

Comment

AEM performance cams i hear are nice. btw i was not able to get onlnine now that my comp is back ima get back into the discuzzionZ!
                      AEM doesn't make performance cams; they make cam gears. Unless that's what you meant the first time.

Comment

had me thinking new product was out....dang it!!

Comment

u got me i didnt know that was gears, then wuts a "CAM" heh i new to performance... all i no is intakes haha

Comment

u got me i didnt know that was gears, then wuts a "CAM" heh i new to performance... all i no is intakes haha
                            and you call yourself a moderator jk playa! lol yeah d00d3 the aem cam sprockets (aka gears) are what adjusts the timing of the cam shafts there are no set "values" for the perfect setup because each car is unique and requires time on the dyno to get maximum performance out of the modification

Comment

Hey watch it with the mod comments im very sexy. and if u want to have a battle of whits on apperance stuff i bet youl lose =)

Comment

Working...
                              X