Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Secrets to an A1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secrets to an A1?

I recently got an f22a1 to replace my a4 that blew. It has 107k onn it, nice huh? anyway, I was just wondering if there is any secrets about this engine? any down falls, any up parts? I know the A1 exhaust manifold is shit so I am putting my A4 one on it. But is it a strong engine in comparison to an a4? Will my ECU work well with it? It's out of a 93 accord EX and honestly I'm kind of dumb about that year because that's the year they started boosting power a bit. Any advice? Oh, is advancing the timing that bad, doe is hurt it?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

if its a A1 its not from a ex...somebodys hustlin you man. Oh yeah dont advance timing belt. get timing gear..ex's came with f22a6's not a1's.

Comment

Unless he has the prelude a1 but you never know. EX usually came with the a4 for 90-91 and the a6 for the 92-93 models.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
        says it came from accord ex and is a f22a1, less its not the original engine.
        where does it say this? that doesn't add up.

Comment

Sorry, to clear that up I assumed it was from an EX because i told them i had an EX. But I guess they were just looking to sell a motor, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
            right here dude^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            i misread it. i thought you made the thread for some reason. my question was, how does EXkidd91 know that the motor came out of an EX.

edit: i am no longer confused.

Comment

Does it matter if it came from a DX, LX, or EX? We know it's an A1 and that's all that matters. Anyway, you've already got the A4 exhaust manifold. Next try and get the A6 intake manifold and ECU. If you don't wanna do much work, get the P12 Prelude ECU. Good for another 10hp over the Accord one
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

no it doesnt matter where the f22a1 came from..yes if you have a pt6 it will run your f22a1 fine. Im fact you wont have a speed limiter with that ecu.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
                  Does it matter if it came from a DX, LX, or EX? We know it's an A1 and that's all that matters. Anyway, you've already got the A4 exhaust manifold. Next try and get the A6 intake manifold and ECU. If you don't wanna do much work, get the P12 Prelude ECU. Good for another 10hp over the Accord one
                  yeah it matters if you told the seller you had a ex and they sent you a dx engine what and how would you feel? i wouldnt like it much i know that..

Comment

the beauty part is i have the top half of the A6, which won't do me much good right now but i am screwed money wise. As for the pt6 ecu, what did that come in?

Comment

The only difference between the A1 you bought and the A4 you are replacing is the exhaust manifold.

If you put your stock A4 manifold on there, the engine will be identical to the one you are replacing.

The PT6 came out of a 91 SE or a 1992-1993 EX/SE. Just use the PT3 from your F22A4 and you will be fine.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

What about running the dual runners from my a6 manifold?

Comment

^You should def. do that if you have the chance, there is alot of info on that IM swap on here. If you use the a6 IM and the a4 header (yes, it's a tubular header) that will be a nice upgrade

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
                            What about running the dual runners from my a6 manifold?

If you want to run the dual runners, I would recommend the PT6. But you said you had the upper half. You will need the entire intake manifold. There is a DIY on it in the DIY section as Granite CB7 said.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I have an 93 f22a1. I have a pt6 ecu with a beefed up ignition system. You can feel the difference for sure. I also have a h23 intake mainfold that I'm waiting to get a throttle body for. There are a number of different mods you can do to your a1 to enhance the motor. Check out my members page to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
                              SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X