Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

URGENT! Rust on valves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05
    Get you a good valve job for the head might as well. Our cars take about 3 quarts of honda mtf. ANd everything else has basically been mentioned.

YO ..Nail...I been telling him that...

I tried giving him advice!!
    Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 05-24-2006, 10:57 PM.
    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

M-O-N-E-Y, it may not matter the damn engine is stuck on everything in the godamn car. I can't take the damn thing out of the top or the bottum, any advice that doesn't involve spending more money than i have?
      Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

Well if you wanna be ghetto what you can do is this.....Get you some sandpaper and sand your valves lol dont get to hardcore on em but it should take off some of it.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by EXkidd91
          I just got an A1 from the junkyard with 106 on it, I got it home and took off the valve cover and there's rust on the valves....should i take it back? will the rust get it's self off? Also, how many quarts of tranny fluid do our cars hold, and where do you put it in?
          If you can take it back then do it. See what their policy is. Show them the valves are rusted, and if anything, threaten to file a complaint with the BBB.

Regarding manual transmissions....., I don't think my friggin bolt has ever been opened since car was made in early 90's. I CANNOT get the fill bolt off for shit. I didn't try the drain bolt yet, b/c If I pop off the drain bolt and cannot pop off the fill bolt, I'm kinda screwed huh I'll try taking a blow torch to it...

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
            If you can take it back then do it. See what their policy is. Show them the valves are rusted, and if anything, threaten to file a complaint with the BBB.

Regarding manual transmissions....., I don't think my friggin bolt has ever been opened since car was made in early 90's. I CANNOT get the fill bolt off for shit. I didn't try the drain bolt yet, b/c If I pop off the drain bolt and cannot pop off the fill bolt, I'm kinda screwed huh I'll try taking a blow torch to it...
            You can add oil to the tranny through the VSS hole too. I think the recommendation for the fill plug is to only have it on finger tight, too.
            - Ghosty
            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

boo, poennzoil synchromesh went from 5 bucks to 6.50/quart.

but yea, mine take about 1.8qrts on a refill and i use half penn and half honda...works well.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                can't miss it...its a BIG NUT with a washer on it!!!
                it's not a nut, it's a bolt. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

It's all good now, to put in end to this post the valves are doing fine and the everything is running fine. But thanks
                  Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

Comment

Working...
                  X