Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what is AT "sports"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is AT "sports"

I have been reading threads on short AT knob. I got the type r knob for a AT off of ebay. But people is talking about sports with the oem knob. What is sports and what does it do?
    我愛我的本田

its on the shifter, when activated it allows your car to shift at different RPM if im not mistaken....

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

yea it shifts at hihger rpms

Comment

Originally posted by floored
        yea it shifts at hihger rpms

So does it make the car sound better maybe like a vtec
        我愛我的本田

Comment

Probably refers to the sportronic equipped 91 Accord auto. It also has a S light in the gauge cluster to go along with the button. Most of the S lights out there blink meaning there is a TCM code waiting to be diagnosed... (not a good thing).
          ~ Viva la Roofnips ~
          2006 Evolution MR 13.008 @ 106.7
          2006 WRX Sti (still breaking it in)
          1990 Honda Accord LX-T 15.6 @ 93

Comment

...i have a 90 accord coupe with the sports button....and it makes the car shift a lil faster....NO it doesn't sound like a VTEC or anything close to it......you have to have one loud ass muffler for it to sound like a vtec....but if you start the auto from 1st and work you way to D4......with your loud pipe...than...YES your car will sound like VTEC....trust me i tired it before.......and bet a cb7 with a h23....STICK at that......but don't use the sport button alot.......its best for you to leave it off........it really doesn't make a difference in the performance.........leaving it off gives the car extra time to shift...putting it on doesn't

Comment

[QUOTE=2.2AZUL.but if you start the auto from 1st and work you way to D4......with your loud pipe...than...YES your car will sound like VTEC....trust me i tired it before.......and bet a cb7 with a h23....STICK at [/QUOTE]

i never got why people do that 1 - 4

and you have a 2dr dx that shits mad light = faster. my 4dr dx wouldve killed and of my 2dr or 4dr ex's

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                ... if you start the auto from 1st and work you way to D4......with your loud pipe...and bet a cb7 with a h23....STICK at that......

and you have a 2dr dx that shits mad light = faster. my 4dr dx wouldve killed and of my 2dr or 4dr ex's

Comment

Originally posted by floored

i have a 2DR "LX"...not a dx....and i only did that 1-4 once..............and the "EX"....are heavier than the lx and dx............

Comment

Oh shit 2.2azuls tutorint peeps on auto driving skills watchoutnow

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      Oh shit 2.2azuls tutorint peeps on auto driving skills watchoutnow

lmao. dats funny.

anway, the shifting from 1st-4th thing on an auto does give a little better acceleration. ive tried it b4. but u hav 2 shift at the right time, kinda like a stick. i fu shift at the wron time, ull b shifting where ur power drops off on the RPM range.

Comment

The only real reason to manual shift an auto is if something significant has changed.

For instance. My car pulls to 6700, but the TCU won't shift higher than 6200. If I really need that last 500RPMs I have to get it manually.

Even then in most cases it is still pointless.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          The only real reason to manual shift an auto is if something significant has changed.

For instance. My car pulls to 6700, but the TCU won't shift higher than 6200. If I really need that last 500RPMs I have to get it manually.

Even then in most cases it is still pointless.

it is pointless...but the dude wanted to know if it sounded like a vtec....so i was telling him .............................and shifting auto.......gives you that faster take off/pick up...........but its all the same.....leave your car on d4..........yes the car doesn't pick up qwick....but hey! you got an auto so deal with it.....i know i do.................so his answer is NO PUTTING IT ON SPORTS MODE DOESN"T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ONLY ON THE RPMS.........NO THE SPORTS BUTTON DOESN"T MAKE THE CAR SOUND LIKE VTEC....ONLY IF YOU GOT A VTEC AUTO........AND YES THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE A VTEC WHEN YOU AUTO SHIFT AND DOWN AUTO SHIFT and if you got a lous ass muffler............

Comment

lmao. ok. well im sure he got his answer now. lol. but then again ur ears how 2 kno wat a VTEC sounds like wen it kicks in. if ur not used 2 dat sound then u wont here it. i never really heard the sound of a VTEC kick in b4

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                              lmao. ok. well im sure he got his answer now. lol. but then again ur ears how 2 kno wat a VTEC sounds like wen it kicks in. if ur not used 2 dat sound then u wont here it. i never really heard the sound of a VTEC kick in b4

Ride in an H22 with a stock P13 and changeover point. You will know it when you hear VTEC. It is kinda like the secondaries on a 4 barrel opening up.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X