Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Yo guys...check out this H22 plenum, it's ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immeraufdemhund
    shoot i dont know if i woulda stopped at just the whole plenum thing. I think i woulda just made the whole IM. I guess i'd cut it just before the Fuel injectors and balloon out with the throttle pointing towards hood in the middle of the runners. sho far then just add a reverse cowl and hook it up accordingly. that would, IMO, fix the outside cylinders from starving, and would create a capacitor like area for when you need more air.
    werd, port that mani like crazy.

idk...this vs. ITB's

both seem espensive
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      werd, port that mani like crazy.

idk...this vs. ITB's

both seem espensive
      That plenum couldn't have cost more than $50 to make, and that's a generous estimate. And even if you made the whole thing down to the flange it wouldn't cost that much, although it would be a lot harder to work with. I really wonder how that thing would perform on the street.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        That plenum couldn't have cost more than $50 to make, and that's a generous estimate. And even if you made the whole thing down to the flange it wouldn't cost that much, although it would be a lot harder to work with. I really wonder how that thing would perform on the street.

I agree cheap stuff for a fabricator.

If it didn't lose any low end, boosted power to over 260 in the top end, clears the stock hood, and cost not a lot to make, how do you suppose it performs? I bet it would be a beast.

It might be a little loud though, because square walls and flat sides are perfect for sound resonance, but it probably isn't louder than ITB's.

You would probably need vacuum nipples on a DD though.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

so what if i were to design a box that sits on top of the runners.
          but cut out a hole out large enoguh to fit a decent size TB, so the TB is pointing upwards....custom fit a scoop to run a square filter on it and get some kind of hood scoop or aftermarket carbon fiber hood that would allow airflow to the filter?
          I <3 G60.

Comment

so what if i were to design a box that sits on top of the runners.
            but cut out a hole out large enoguh to fit a decent size TB, so the TB is pointing upwards....custom fit a scoop to run a square filter on it and get some kind of hood scoop or aftermarket carbon fiber hood that would allow airflow to the filter?

You would be...creative. Square isn't necessarily the best for airflow though.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              You would be...creative. Square isn't necessarily the best for airflow though.
              :o

i must use my engineering skills to develop the proper mechanism which would allow optimul yet adequete airflow to benefit toeque and hoprepower.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

:o

i must use my engineering skills to develop the proper mechanism which would allow optimul yet adequete airflow to benefit toeque and hoprepower.

abso-freakin-lutley! And that's the bottom line because Big Daddy Don Garlits said so.

LOL.

Comment

i think it would be benifitial to costom make runners in side of that so that each lower runner got the same amount of air....ud have to work around the fact that a thoutle body is circle tho cuz if the runners were evenly spaced the ones on the top and bottom will get less air ...no what im sayin?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                    i think it would be benifitial to costom make runners in side of that so that each lower runner got the same amount of air....ud have to work around the fact that a thoutle body is circle tho cuz if the runners were evenly spaced the ones on the top and bottom will get less air ...no what im sayin?

A picture would help. I kinda get what you are saying though...

Comment

hah i dont know y im going this far to explane my self but w/e i have nothing else to do

What i mean is u can tell that since the tb is circle the top and bottom are getting less air .....u can tell becuase there is more gray area which = less space for air to get in...what you would have to do is make the two middle runners a little a bit tighter or smaller

buttttt then u have to deal w/ the fact that in the intake theres more air concentrated in the middle of the intake path so that means even less air getting to the top and bottom.....and this can be sumwhat fixed by using the the idea that the AEM v2 uses in which a large tube goes into a smaller tube so the middle of the intake charge is cramed evenly in to the pipe right befor the manifold and the runners concept

PLEASE LET IT BE KNOWN THESE ARE JUST MY THEORIES. IM NOT TRYING TO PASS THEM OFF AS FACTS

i also dont really belive that the v2 really works that well but the theroy seems pretty true

feel free too prove eather of these theories wrong....just please READ MY PREVIOS POST FIRST
                      Last edited by Mike; 05-24-2006, 07:14 AM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                      X