Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Yo guys...check out this H22 plenum, it's ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo guys...check out this H22 plenum, it's ridiculous

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1605715

And it fits under the Prelude hood, no problem. I wants one but it looks like a one-off piece. I really need to learn how to weld and get on my Autocad game...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Who ever made that must've really wanted to force air into the cylinders!

Comment

Prototype or prob gonna be used in a drag car.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
        Who ever made that must've really wanted to force air into the cylinders!
        I'm kinda wondering why OEM plenums don't look like that...that thing couldn't have been more than $20 to make.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Prolly didn't cost more than 20 to make. Get some tuna fish cans and weld them together...you may get something similar, j/k.

Comment

yeah i was gonna say, if you know anything about flow calculations you will realize that manifold isnt anything special.
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              yeah i was gonna say, if you know anything about flow calculations you will realize that manifold isnt anything special.
              It's a lot better than the stock design...ideally there wouldn't be any sharp corners for stagnation...but at least everything's directed a lot better. Plus, more importantly, with this kind of design you can control the volume of the plenum. I wish I knew more about engine design to get some kind of concrete numbers regarding plenum size and power...

But yea...if you can weld...you can put this together. I really have to learn.

Comment

def the only thing is you will have some wierd velocity problems where the top manifold meets the stock runners :P
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                  def the only thing is you will have some wierd velocity problems where the top manifold meets the stock runners :P
                  Well yea I think if you could somehow fit velocity stacks on the...uhhhh runner holes?...on the bottom half of the mani within the plenum it might be a little better. But I think at the same time turbulence is good for fuel mixing, so I dunno. It's a compromise either way.

Comment

that things gunna suck better off modding your stock one just get the dremel or die grinder out cut the secondarie plate out and port it if you think u need to

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                      that things gunna suck better off modding your stock one just get the dremel or die grinder out cut the secondarie plate out and port it if you think u need to
                      Any reasons why it would suck?

Comment

It looks like it sacrifices lowend torque. Also notice how the middle cylinders have a better chance at getting an even draw of air than the outside cylinders. You can say vacuum is vacuum, but if thats the case any intake manifold will do. Obviously its not, thats a torque killer. Like Nail05 said, looks like a drag setup.

Comment

i dunno about all that.....

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                            It looks like it sacrifices lowend torque. Also notice how the middle cylinders have a better chance at getting an even draw of air than the outside cylinders. You can say vacuum is vacuum, but if thats the case any intake manifold will do. Obviously its not, thats a torque killer. Like Nail05 said, looks like a drag setup.

Acutally, according to the creator and several other people who apparently witnessed it on the dyno, there was no low end loss. At all.

It made well over 260 peak HP, and was designed for a 7000K plus peak power band.

They didn't post dyno results because something else went wrong mechanically, so they wanted to fix that first.

Setup: Stock stroke, 12:1 Mahle pistons (no sleeving required), JUN 3 cams, 75MM throttle body (they are planning on adding a 78MM one because they think the curve leveled off due to the "restriction").

It is all in the thread if you read it.

P.S. it DOES clear a stock Prelude hood.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

shoot i dont know if i woulda stopped at just the whole plenum thing. I think i woulda just made the whole IM. I guess i'd cut it just before the Fuel injectors and balloon out with the throttle pointing towards hood in the middle of the runners. sho far then just add a reverse cowl and hook it up accordingly. that would, IMO, fix the outside cylinders from starving, and would create a capacitor like area for when you need more air.
                              WTB:
                              88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                              OR
                              90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Working...
                              X